3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I met Spaniel! (Read 70 times)

#artbydmcbride

It was awesome meeting you, spaniel.  And I really love your wife.  Next time I want to meet the kidlets too!  Smile

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

It was awesome meeting you, spaniel.  And I really love your wife.  Next time I want to meet the kidlets too!  Smile

Right now I would sell them to you.  We are only a few mild away.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Enjoyed meeting and running with you and Ben.  We definitely had a nice run in a great location.  You are right about the hills - my glutes are feeling it a little - at least enough for me to bag my scheduled 10X400 workout in favor of a long, easy run later this afternoon.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

who is this spaniel of whom you speak?

#artbydmcbride

See above a few posts.  He's this fast runner, smart, good-looking guy, family man, yada yada yada   Cool

Runners run

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

He's this fast runner, smart, good-looking guy, family man, yada yada yada   Cool

Are you sure that was Spaniel you met?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I thought that was Ken?

See above a few posts.  He's this fast runner, smart, good-looking guy, family man, yada yada yada   Cool

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

#artbydmcbride

I'm sure I didn't meet Ken.......

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I thought that was Ken?

I was the one with the extra fat roll who talked to much.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

I was the one with the extra fat roll who talked to much.  Big grin

No, THAT was me!

BTW folks, both of these guys look your prototypical fast runners (I'm not so sure of the good-looking part, I'll leave that to IleneforwardSmile) yet they were cool enough to not leave me in the dust.  Pin a race number on 'em and I bet the niceties go out the window, though!  Good times.

Another BTW - I got stung by wasps twice on that run and both places are still itching pretty badly though no welts or obvious marks.  That was Saturday morning.  Should I be worried about this?  Seriously.

Feeling the growl again

No, THAT was me!

BTW folks, both of these guys look your prototypical fast runners (I'm not so sure of the good-looking part, I'll leave that to IleneforwardSmile) yet they were cool enough to not leave me in the dust.  Pin a race number on 'em and I bet the niceties go out the window, though!  Good times.

Another BTW - I got stung by wasps twice on that run and both places are still itching pretty badly though no welts or obvious marks.  That was Saturday morning.  Should I be worried about this?  Seriously.

Heh.  That run was plenty fast for me on the uphills as I'd pre-beaten myself on those trails the previous day.  I took the next day off because I felt like I'd just run a marathon.

I would not worry about the wasp bites unless they appear to be getting infected.  Itching is just annoying, if you were going to have an allergic reaction it would have happened long ago.

Ostrich runner

I have had a reaction to hornet stings a couple times that took a few days to really heat up. After two days, little hives popped up that itched badly enough that pain would be much preferable.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I have had a reaction to hornet stings a couple times that took a few days to really heat up. After two days, little hives popped up that itched badly enough that pain would be much preferable.

Yeah, when I said allergic I mean the anaphylactic type you really need to worry about.  Itching is just an excuse to get some prednisone and gain the ability to run like an animal for a few days before the hump starts to form on your back and you gain 20 lbs.

kcam

Yeah, when I said allergic I mean the anaphylactic type you really need to worry about.  Itching is just an excuse to get some prednisone and gain the ability to run like an animal for a few days before the hump starts to form on your back and you gain 20 lbs.

Busted. Wink

I wasn't worried about anaphylactic reaction as I've been stung many, many times and never had that kind of reaction before.  More worried about the continued itching feeling being an indicator that the buggers left their stingers as a parting gift and they might become infected.  Still itching today.