3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March Racing Thread (Read 1400 times)

Feeling the growl again

Time to start running fast....

Name/Date/Race/Goal                                                                                                         Result

Ennay,                 3/3. Champoeg Runs 10K,  St. Paul, OR       49:59                              59:07

spaniel   3/3   Indy Mini Training Series 10K -- <33:20, defend title                               35:07, 6OA

amcneice  3/10   Columbia Marathon 10K  - 36:45                                                          ~37:20, 3OA

rabutler 3/10 DINO Trail Series 15K  < 1:38:00                                                              1:26:14

C-R    3/10 Tom King HM, Nashville <1:32                                                                        1:34:18

TeaOlive           3/10   MICA  10K Trail Run, Ft. Gordon, Ga.      < 50                              49:40 (tad short), 1AG

TonyP  3/10 - Tom King HM - Nashville - Goal <1:44:25                                                  1:43:27; PR

MilkTruck  3/11  Midcoast Half Marathon, Linclnville, ME    1:43                                   1:42:54

Rockenmama  3/11  Shiver by the River 5k                   Goal Sub 22 

Burnt Toast      3/17   Get Lucky Lucky 7k, Minneapolis MN, sub 32:00                               DNS

CliveF                3/17  Angels 5k -- Huntersville NC --             sub-20                                   20:44

Dopplebock   3/17   Fox Cities Marathon backward   >3:20                                                 3:13:25

NaderAlfie   3/17   Spring Thaw 5K   19:25                                                                                 19:00

rabutler   3/17     TWHS St. Patrick's Day 5K     Pittsboro, IN     <24:00                                 25:24

TeaOlive           3/17    RnR USA Marathon, D.C.                      < 4:00                                   3:56:46

dpschumacher  3/18  Human race 8k  - 27:35.                                                                    28:45

rabutler  3/24  Sam Costa 1/4 Marathon, Carmel IN                                                              DNS

C-R   3/24  Sam Costa HM, Carmel IN - <1:30                                                                      1:32:53                                                

NaderAlfie  3/24  Flying Dutchman 5K  Orangeburg, NY    sub-19 baby                               18:33

Rockenmama  3/24   NJ Ultra fest 50 miler                        Sub 10:00

spaniel   3/24   Sam Costa HM, Carmel IN - <1:15                                                               1:15:22

pfetro         3/25   Shamrock Shuffle 8k, Chicago   sub 29                                                      DNS

Slo_Hand   3/25   Easter Seals 4-miler    26:59

TeaOlive   3/25        Bear Blaster Fat Ass 50k+      Augusta, Ga.    8 Hours                            7:21:15

amcniece   3/31   Cooper River Bridge Run 10K - 36:15                                                        36:55

CliveF  3/31  Charlottsville 10-miler    sub-72min                                                                    69:07

Dopplebock 3/31   Mad City 50K   <4:00                                                                                3:44:20

KellyDodge  3/31  1 Mile Race, Carson City, NV - 5:20                                                           DNS

Trent  3/31  Umstead 100 miler, Finish the bitch.                                                              DNF, suckerpunch asthma

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     3/10   MICA  10K Trail Run       Ft. Gordon, Ga.       < 50

TeaOlive     3/17    RnR USA Marathon                      D.C.                           < 4:00

steph  

Rockenmama  Shiver by the River 5k -3-11  Goal Sub 22

NJ Ultra fest 50 miler 3-24  Sub 10:00

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

CliveF -- 3/17 -- Angels 5k -- Huntersville NC -- sub-20, since this course is CERTIFIED

MTA: spelling Black eye

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

A Saucy Wench

Ennay, 3/3. Champoeg Runs 10K,  St. Paul, OR 49:59

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Burnt Toast....March 17th....Get Lucky Lucky 7k....Minneapolis MN....sub 32:00

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

bump...don't forget this one still hanging out there in case any of you are waiting to chomp at the bit.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler 3/10 DINO Trail Series 15K No real goal, but under 1:38:00 would be nice.
                  rabutler 3/24 Sam Costa 1/4 Marathon < 54:00

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Tom King - 3/10 Nashville <1:32

Sam Costa, 3/24 Carmel <1:30

There's either an inaugural 10k of 5k downtown on the 31st. Might as well do one of those too.

Shit I am so out of shape.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I need a good 5K to run on April 14 or 15.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

These were both on the 31st. There is a Big 10 5k on the 11th downtown. Check the Indy Runners calendar.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Tom King - 3/10 Nashville <1:32

Sam Costa, 3/24 Carmel <1:30

There's either an inaugural 10k of 5k downtown on the 31st. Might as well do one of those too.

Shit I am so out of shape.

Looks like you're going the route of racing your way into shape...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Check the Indy Runners calendar.

Didn't realize they got it fixed. Looks like there are a couple on that weekend.

C-R

Looks like you're going the route of racing your way into shape...

I'm desperate. But I've come to a theory that I need some "games" to keep me motivated. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive   March 25        Bear Blaster Fat Ass 50k+      Augusta, Ga.    8 Hours = wild ass guess (And the 50k+ is actually 58k)

steph