3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August '14 racing (Read 33 times)

Kelly.. Milktruck... Mini Mbehrs (1 sec!! Are you kidding me!)... all great. Esp. Milktruck, running solo is soo hard.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

kcam

Nice racing everyone.  I think the most exciting race had to have been mini-mbehr holding off his rival by 1 second - awesome!

Feeling the growl again

We've created a little monster!

There are far worse qualities to instill into your kid.  Job well done (kids and parents).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just didn't have it Saturday. Even at the line my legs felt shot... or at least not rested. I was still hoping that I would feel better once the race got going. I put in a ton of effort to hit the first mile at 520. Second mile was a disaster. The watch said 528 most of the way, but finally clicked over at 523. At the 2.5 mile mark, the watch was reading 538. From there I just put my head down and zoned out. Just started to kick with 1k to go. I didn't even hear my watch click over at the 3 mile marker. Even missing my goal, I feel like I brought all I had. And, I didn't give up in the end. It was a little frustrating in that my friend was running my goal pace the whole way. A bit like watching the pace bunny just slip out of reach and knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

My guess is that a repeat effort in a couple of weeks would be 15 seconds or so faster, you are just ring rusty that's all.

Yeah, first race back in a while is usually harder to dial in, so definitely solid effort - and hell, a PR, right? Nice going.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Yeah.. thanks guys. It was a fun day. I wish I could race more often.

Just a dude.

Hrmmm... I was going to run this cross country race Friday, but it looks like I won't be able to get in. I would have been fighting to just not be last place anyway.

So I have a couple other options on Saturday. I can run a mostly road 5k with some rolling hills and a bit of dirt pretty much as a time trial as I am sure I would win it by over a minute.

Or I can run a 10k trail run up and down ski runs, probably losing to a couple hard core trail runners and feeling lucky to not get a twisted ankle or a face plant...

Both of these races start at about 7800 feet of elevation.

(http://www.tahoemtnmilers.org/kirkwood-10k-5k--kids-run.html)

Or, I could just not race at all and do a long run or something like that.

Any suggestions?

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Kelly.. have a goal race this year? Or general goals?

kcam

Hrmmm... I was going to run this cross country race Friday, but it looks like I won't be able to get in. I would have been fighting to just not be last place anyway.

So I have a couple other options on Saturday. I can run a mostly road 5k with some rolling hills and a bit of dirt pretty much as a time trial as I am sure I would win it by over a minute.

Or I can run a 10k trail run up and down ski runs, probably losing to a couple hard core trail runners and feeling lucky to not get a twisted ankle or a face plant...

Both of these races start at about 7800 feet of elevation.

(http://www.tahoemtnmilers.org/kirkwood-10k-5k--kids-run.html)

Or, I could just not race at all and do a long run or something like that.

Any suggestions?

-Kelly

That just doesn't look like any fun at all.  Kirkwood was my old stomping grounds before I got so much into running..  I liked it because no matter how crowded the resort was there was never a lift line at The Wall (chair 10).  The sign scared off most sane people!

I certainly wasn't an expert but had some good times off that lift!  Wouldn't want to run it.  Personally, I'd do a long run or a workout of some kind.

Just a dude.

Kelly.. have a goal race this year? Or general goals?

I would say that the mile I just finished ended up being my goal run for this part of the year. I am about to head back to doing some more base building and finding something in the spring to shoot for.

I have one other race that is on my schedule at this point, an 8k in mid September. I'm not really specifically targeting it, but I'd like to do ok on it.

My target races are pretty much 1500-5k. I'm not looking to go run marathons or ultras or anything like that. I like the idea of trying to be competetive in master's track. I'll hit the 45-49 age group next May... I think I have some chance of being pretty competitive.

-Kelly

8/30

Ntown Kevin

Newtown Road Race

Newtown, CT

<16:47

Very short of what I'm capable of this morning - 16:53 (unofficial). This will sound dumb, but I think I got distracted from running as fast as I could by actually having a race with someone. In a way it was good - I mean, it was fun going back and forth with this guy the whole way until the kick, and great to finally not have a time trial...but...I think it slowed me a little. No one to blame but me, I should have just buried him early and kept on the gas. Oh well, still 2OA, and a good time. Will keep at it...

mta: the winner was a good 40 seconds ahead - kicking my self for not focusing on him

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Just a dude.

Date: 8/29

Race: Natures Bakery Nevada Twilight Cross Country Meet

Distance: 4000m

Goal <14:30

-Kelly

DNS. Couldn't get ahold of the race director to get me in, and ended up working that night anyway...

-Kelly

Nice run Kevin. Yeah.. you're way faster than that. But, fun to actually race... and good luck tonight. btw, what is your next race?

Very short of what I'm capable of this morning - 16:53 (unofficial).

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Little bit windy, but still ended up with a 5:11.

Got to race some. Had a strong start, but then got passed by several people in the first lap. Third lap I passed 3 back. The 2 guys I didn't beat were 4:40 something and faster.

Splits were 76, 79, ? , 5:11... (440 splits) so first and last halves were close to even.

Happy overall. Was a pretty fun event.

-Kelly

Nice fast mile. Congrats!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

Alright. August award time. Beer goes to Kelly for that mile. One second is big but four is huge.

Milk award goes to CR Jr. Nepotism be damned that but is getting good.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/