3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

WTF people (Read 71 times)

Feeling the growl again

60 degrees in January, I decided to break in the company's new track with a tempo run (no such luck, stupid flat rubbed a blister almost immediately).

So the treadmills indoors face the track, not 20 yards away.  I finish up my abbreviated run....already in a get-the-hell-off-my-lawn type of mood...and as I'm walking back into the locker room I notice that all 4 treadmills are full and there is an actual line waiting for them (which I have never seen before, on 10 degree days even).

WTF people, it's 60 degrees!  I wonder if they circle the parking lot trying to get 10 feet closer to the door too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Prince of Fatness

If it makes you feel any better spaniel I am running outside for an hour later when I get home from work.  Our 60 degree day is supposed to be tomorrow (today just 40's which still feels like a heat wave compared to last week).  Get them while they are hot because it is supposed to get cold again by the end of the week.

And I laughed when I saw that picture.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

Maybe the lines formed at the treadmills so everyone could watch you run on the track thru the windows.  Blush

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

73F here today.  Was 12F a week ago.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

Maybe the lines formed at the treadmills so everyone could watch you run on the track thru the windows.  Blush

Nah, I kept my shirt on.  Big grin

MTA:  It was the informal initiation day for the track, so there were a decent number of people on it...I have to say I was impressed with the etiquette I was seeing.  I was running sub-5:30s with no consternation from sharing the track.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Crap it was so nice to go out and not have to bundle up I had Ciara walk 5 miles instead of 4 and it wasn't quite 40 degree's

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Walk-Jogger

PLEASE tell me that was Photoshopped!! Shocked

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

60 degrees in January, I decided to break in the company's new track with a tempo run (no such luck, stupid flat rubbed a blister almost immediately).

So the treadmills indoors face the track, not 20 yards away.  I finish up my abbreviated run....already in a get-the-hell-off-my-lawn type of mood...and as I'm walking back into the locker room I notice that all 4 treadmills are full and there is an actual line waiting for them (which I have never seen before, on 10 degree days even).

WTF people, it's 60 degrees!  I wonder if they circle the parking lot trying to get 10 feet closer to the door too.

Wow, if we see 60 degree's here anytime in March we'll be lucky. Only 4 treadmills? Uhm, how big is this new track? I'm guessing it might not be a 200 meter track. Our university rec center here has over 100 treadmills and ellipticals and cycle machines around just two sides of the track. And after work they're generally ALL taken.

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Wow, if we see 60 degree's here anytime in March we'll be lucky. Only 4 treadmills? Uhm, how big is this new track? I'm guessing it might not be a 200 meter track. Our university rec center here has over 100 treadmills and ellipticals and cycle machines around just two sides of the track. And after work they're generally ALL taken.

4 treadmills, going to be 7 at some point.  It is a 1/5mi outdoor track; they could not fit a 400m in the space available.

Yeah, we are setting a record high today and I basically wasted it on a blown workout.  Sad

I'm a from Washington state and can't believe it's warmer here in Pennsylvania than it is in Wa.It actually feels a lot like home (wa) right now (40's and rainy)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

I would go with your arch nemesis __________ (fill in the blank) trying to keep you from getting a workout in a diabolical scheme that forces you to miss workouts so he can defeat you at ________ race (fill in the blank).

or they are just lazy and don't want to run outdoors.

Your pick.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

I ran outside this morning. I stripped off my shirt. It's 5:00am on a late January morning in Iowa when the temps should be in the teens at best and running shirtless wiping sweat off my brow.

Yeah WTF ?

Thursday morning it will be 0.

Walk-Jogger

I'm a from Washington state and can't believe it's warmer here in Pennsylvania than it is in Wa.It actually feels a lot like home (wa) right now (40's and rainy)

RM, you're from the Wet side of the hills, I take it? My oldest daughter is living in E. Tennessee now and they seem to have snow one day, and then in the 60's F  the next. We've had some springs in recent years here in E. WA where we could count the days it got up to the 60's before June on the fingers of one hand...  I'm still pissed at missing my one and only scheduled outdoor 1 mile race on the track last June because of winter-like cold grey weather and high winds... WTF, indeed!

If we do happen get a 60 degree day between now and my HM on March 2nd (highly unlikely)  I will officially take a vacation day off from work to go do a run-through on the race course. Of course, it's 20 miles away and 1700 feet lower altitude, so it does tend to run 10 degrees warmer than up here in the Palouse.

Retired &  Loving It

Prince of Fatness

It was raining when I got home from work yesterday but it was in the upper 60's so I had to go out and run.  Luckily the heavy rain waited until overnight.  It's still pretty warm here but it is supposed to be windy with temperatures dropping all day so I expect that I will need to bundle up for this evening's run.  Lots of places in my area set record high temps yesterday.

Not at it at all.