3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

3rd Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile (Read 1116 times)

Feeling the growl again

Modified for Trent's weak brain.  Wink

Date:  Saturday July 14th

Time:  3:30-4:00pm, as soon as everyone is here and ready

Guest room is spoken for but camping or indoor makeshift accommodations still available.  2 tents still not spoken for.  PM if you want info on local (10min away) hotels.

Food and beer after race provided, but feel free to bring anything to pass if you feel.  BYOB for the actual beer mile, don't plan to buy when you get here as we're in the boonies.  It's supposed to be 5% ABV.  

(bold = reconfirmed status since 5/30)

IN:

Me  -- BBC Summer Ale  (5.0% ABV)

C-R -- BBC Brookly Lager (5% ABV)

WhoDatRunner --

MrFinn -- Oskar Blues Pils (5.3% ABV)

Trent--Oskar Blues Little Yella Pils (5.3%),Caldera Pale Ale (5.5%),Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (5.6%),Keewenaw Lift Bridge Brown Ale (5%)

hacker2000 

WrigleyGirl -- Andersen Valley Brewing Co Summer Solstice

mbehr

wannaberunner+guests

MAYBE:

Happyfeet

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I'm in. How about a good wheat beer in the kegerator for those hot summer days. Other than that I'm good with Guiness. That is all. Carry on.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good idea. Maybe some Bell's Oberon?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

That is the dictatorship's default.  Has to be available in a quarter barrel or smaller.  No more half barrels, ever.  Criminey.  I'm still trying to run off the weight from the Abita.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

^

^

yeah - what ra said. ^

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

You guys should live in New Jersey.  Then I could do this.

Not at it at all. 

You might even get Zoom-Zoom to show up with that choice.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

You might even get Zoom-Zoom to show up with that choice.

She's on the list when I send out a broader invite, we've communicated on it in prior years but dates have not worked out.

Spud, each year your ass becomes less of an excuse not to be here.  Wink

Careful, or when I finally get out to NJ sometime this summer we're going to be finding a track and taking along a cooler....

Prince of Fatness

Careful, or when I finally get out to NJ sometime this summer we're going to be finding a track and taking along a cooler....

Promises, promises.  <Sigh>

Not at it at all. 

C-R

You guys should live in New Jersey.  Then I could do this.

There are several roads that lead to Indianapolis from Jersey and back again.

C-R

Promises, promises.  <Sigh>

My project in Harrisburg and Philly are moving forward so you will be seeing me this year.

Not sure if that's good or bad for you but then again........

Prince of Fatness

There are several roads that lead to Indianapolis from Jersey and back again.

Yeah, but I am 99% sure that I am going to Monkey.  Two trips in one year to places to meet strangers from the internet might make the wife wonder who the hell she is married to.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

My project in Harrisburg and Philly are moving forward so you will be seeing me this year.

Not sure if that's good or bad for you but then again........

I look forward to it.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Yeah, but I am 99% sure that I am going to Monkey.  Two trips in one year to places to meet strangers from the internet might make the wife wonder who the hell she is married to.

Have DW come with. There are some cool things in Indy to visit for a mini vacation.

The rest of you a-holes can stop laughing.

Two trips in one year to places to meet strangers from the internet might make the wife wonder who the hell she is married to.

Heh, this is about the reaction I get sometimes too.  We have some college friends that live in Indy so that helps the cause of convincing the other half it's a worthwhile trip for me to run laps and drink beer.