3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August '14 racing (Read 33 times)

Thinking of updating my race goal for Saturday.. Im thinking first mile in 516-518, second in about the same and trying to hold on the rest of the way. I would be happy going under 1640. More realistically I think under 1630 is very possible. But, sub 1625 would be hurtlocker worthy.

Like.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Thinking of updating my race goal for Saturday.. Im thinking first mile in 516-518, second in about the same and trying to hold on the rest of the way. I would be happy going under 1640. More realistically I think under 1630 is very possible. But, sub 1625 would be hurtlocker worthy.

Go get it!  Good luck.

Just a dude.

Date: 8/22  

Race: Nevada Miles

Distance: 1 Mile on the track

Goal: 5:15

Race should be around 9:00 pm under the lights. Should be fun. Goal feels really aggressive... /shrug

-Kelly

Little bit windy, but still ended up with a 5:11.

Got to race some. Had a strong start, but then got passed by several people in the first lap. Third lap I passed 3 back. The 2 guys I didn't beat were 4:40 something and faster.

Splits were 76, 79, ? , 5:11... (440 splits) so first and last halves were close to even.

Happy overall. Was a pretty fun event.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Nice going Kelly!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Awesome run, Kelly.  You've come so far in not very long.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I'm nosy so I know the result, interested to hear the story.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

an amazing likeness

Date: 8/27

Race: Westport Island Shore Run

Distance: 10K

Goal:  <49:00; Top 10OA, course PB

48:01 = course PB by 53 seconds.

10th OA

2 AG

Tried to hang with the 1st female, but she disappeared into the distance on the fist steep downhill and it was a time trial on my own from there on in.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

Wow....a little bit of obsessing over this race paid huge dividends.  Wink  Very happy to hear you soundly slayed your dragon!

Just a dude.

10th OA

2 AG

Tried to hang with the 1st female, but she disappeared into the distance on the fist steep downhill and it was a time trial on my own from there on in.

Nice job.

Congratz!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

10th OA

2 AG

Congratulations!

steph  

Fast mile, Kelly, well done.

Park, I also peeked at the result, and definitely want to hear about it.

Milktruck - way to run it down, especially on your own.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

+1, and congrats to mini mbehr's!

I'm nosy so I know the result, interested to hear the story.

Same here...

Just didn't have it Saturday. Even at the line my legs felt shot... or at least not rested. I was still hoping that I would feel better once the race got going. I put in a ton of effort to hit the first mile at 520. Second mile was a disaster. The watch said 528 most of the way, but finally clicked over at 523. At the 2.5 mile mark, the watch was reading 538. From there I just put my head down and zoned out. Just started to kick with 1k to go. I didn't even hear my watch click over at the 3 mile marker. Even missing my goal, I feel like I brought all I had. And, I didn't give up in the end. It was a little frustrating in that my friend was running my goal pace the whole way. A bit like watching the pace bunny just slip out of reach and knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

Heh.. I certainly did better than the guy finishing behind me. He threw-up as he crossed the line. Im not sure how you score that chip or gun timed?

Post race was great. My daughters head exploded when she saw the dancing (and running) ballerinas. And she hit up an art booth during the race. After the race we made it to the zoo and she was asleep on the jog home. The anxiety surrounding keeping the family busy and happy during the race is about as high as the race itself.

And we run because we like it
                              Through the broad bright land

This sums it up well for the weekend.  Great job Kelly and Milktruck.

The mini behr's were at it again last weekend.  We were in Chicago for the DD's b-day weekend and they both did another triathlon.  Considering the logistical challenges races in big cities present, they both did well with that.  It was a very foggy and humid morning for all the racers.  Transition was sort of a mess as there were parents having their kids put bikes sideways and in front of other bikes.  They didn't get the concept of "racking" the bike.  The race went well for both of them.  DD held back on the swim but went strong on the bike and run.  The little guy laid it out there again.  He almost puked coming across the finish line.  He finished 10OA and 1AG.  He got the age group win by 1 SECOND.  We could see him and the other kid coming to the finish and he barely held him off.  The little guy was excited as this is the kid that beat him a week ago.  We've created a little monster!