3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Well so much (Read 664 times)

Feeling the growl again

5k -10k is for sharpening in the last 2-3 months up to race day (I think you and Willa both are of this opinion while using varied description).

FTFY

willamona may disagree....but I think most people can handle more than 8 weeks of non-base training before peaking out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

I will admit freely, that the 8 week thing makes me a freak. The rest of my track team in HS needed a full 12 weeks. I just went stale early and fast. Rocken just went through a program that was 12 or 18 weeks long.

I'm touching your pants.

I will admit freely, that the 8 week thing makes me a freak. The rest of my track team in HS needed a full 12 weeks. I just went stale early and fast. Rocken just went through a program that was 12 or 18 weeks long.

12 weeks not including base building. Maybe I'm feeling so good because of the low mileage and not running a summer full of ultra's.  I've never been one to do things by the book so I doubt I'll start now. I've managed to accomplish what I have by relying on what I've learned and listening to my body!  My body is a freak when it comes to lifting weights, I have a feeling it's the same when it comes to running. If I break down in a month or two, you can say I told you so okay Willa. But if I'm kicking ass and taking names well.......... (not that winter is a time to kick ass and take names lol)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

I'm convinced drivers are, on average, much more distracted than they used to be.  I never thought twice about biking on rural roads when I was a kid...never had any problems either.  I think it will drive me crazy when my kids want to do it.

Stay safe out there...

It's the phones, dude.  I see drivers on the phone all of the time when I am out running, and never assume that people are watching where they are going.  I live in a relatively quiet development as it comes to traffic.  Usually I am OK doing workouts.  Now that it is dark when I run it is tougher.  Even if I am on the sidewalk oncoming traffic blinds me with their lights and I can't see the ground.  I'm a little slower at night.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm convinced drivers are, on average, much more distracted than they used to be.  I never thought twice about biking on rural roads when I was a kid...never had any problems either.  I think it will drive me crazy when my kids want to do it.

Stay safe out there...

Yes!  

I hated it even when my kids rode bikes in our small subdivision.  Wouldn't let them go near the out side roads rural or not.

So,  two nights ago we get an email from middle child.  Oldest son. Twenty six.  Just bought his first motorcycle...he lives in a college

town full of drunk cell phone talkin' fools.  It never ends.

steph