3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Having a Potato Head Holiday Spiced Ale right now.  Spaniel, you have one of these (#18).  Since it tastes like Christmas, you must have it on Christmas.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Having a Potato Head Holiday Spiced Ale right now.  Spaniel, you have one of these (#18).  Since it tastes like Christmas, you must have it on Christmas.

Exactly my plan.

Last night I was saved from complete torture at a huge medical poster session by the presence of a Sweetwater Brewery truck...free beer!!  "only you can prevent warm beer"-- so true.

One of them was a dark Festive Ale.  Spicing was mild, but it was a very nice seasonal.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Had this last night.

Very yummy.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Had this last night.

Very yummy.

Had this on draft at our local beer bar on Saturday. Loved it.

Feeling the growl again

I can't wait for beer-thirty.  Of course I did a hard workout then forgot my wallet and had to skip lunch...so I will be a cheap date.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I wish I could show my face at Trappeze (our amazing local beer bar) more than once a week. Drinking more often than that screws up my sleep and makes me feel generally rotten. There was about a 10-year period when I wasn't much more than the sum of my bad habits, and I don't think my body is willing to cut me any slack with this stuff now.

Slo

I can't wait for beer-thirty.  Of course I did a hard workout then forgot my wallet and had to skip lunch...so I will be a cheap date.

I gotta go run 7 or 8 or 10 miles yet. Couldn't pull my sorry ass out of bed this morning.

I'll have one before I get into the shower though.

C-R

I gotta go run 7 or 8 or 10 miles yet. Couldn't pull my sorry ass out of bed this morning.

I'll have one before I get into the shower though.

What Slo said.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I gotta go run 7 or 8 or 10 4 miles yet. Couldn't pull my sorry ass out of bed this morning.

I'll have one before I get in to the shower though.

What Slo & C-R said.

Running in warmer rain tonight is a damn sight better than cold sleeting rain this morning.  I gotta earn the beer first though.

Feeling the growl again

What Slo said.

Yeah, this from the guy who took my 300 mile goaland put down 400.  Ok.

Too much beer.  Two former bosses trying to max me out.  At least they had good stuff and one of them punched me out in time.

Monday Night Drafty Kilt Scoth Ale was memorable.  Dogfish Head Chicory Stout on tap.  Yum.

C-R

Wait. What. I thought you needed 400 for 3k. I just looked at your log and will adjust accordingly.

Yeah, this from the guy who took my 300 mile goaland put down 400.  Ok.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Wait. What. I thought you needed 400 for 3k. I just looked at your log and will adjust accordingly.

Dude, no, I am up for the challenge.

You wre preoccupied -  you looked at my log when we started talking about this a week or more before November ended, so by the time the challenge started I needed far less than 400.  But I am in for 400.

C-R

Ok. I shall return it to the original.

Today was a day of great highs and lows.

First the low - I did not get National Championship Game tickets in my school lottery.

Next the high - pathology report was clean

Now for the cherry on top: I got me one of these (btw - google it for the story). The Indy crew is drinking well soon. Damn things sold out in less than an hour.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

$20 for a bottle. Negotiable.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!

My mother tried to get some in Louisville for me, no go. :/

C-R

I bet I know at least one runner guaranteed a spot at Monkey in 2013. Heh.

$20 for a bottle. Negotiable.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!!!!!

My mother tried to get some in Louisville for me, no go. :/