3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

This is what happens when you test.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

C-R

True. Best to know but it's getting that you look at any great performance and immediately wonder.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

True. Best to know but it's getting that you look at any great performance and immediately wonder.

Saw that coming.  I'm not sure anyone but Lagat's (whose was mishandled) has not had agreement between A and B.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Jeptoo's B sample tests positive per Flotrack.

Dammit.  I was still a bit in denial. Just a teeny-tiny bit. But still.......

Ready, go.

Boston 2015 edition:

Meb, Ritz, Eggleston and Arciniaga.. that should be interesting.

Yup - Boston looks good, the London field is also just out.

London Marathon Field

It's frightening - I'm almost disappointed I'm running because I'll miss all the action.

Feeling the growl again

Eight sub-2:05 guys in London and ALL the big names....sick, just sick.  I can't wait.

Boston should be interesting.  Won't be able to follow the pro race this year as I will be behind them.  I'm interested to see what Ritz has at this point in his career after his big move back to MI.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Yeah. London is just stupid.

For Boston, it might be interesting for the Americans. It would be nice if Eggleston or Arciniaga or somebody else could break 210. Plus, that race might give some insight into how the Olympic qualifier might go. Meb seems like a lock (right now for that) and Ritz if he is healthy. But, it will still be interesting to see how these guys sort it out in Boston.

Eight sub-2:05 guys in London and ALL the big names....sick, just sick.  I can't wait.

And Bekele sitting there in 9th just outside the sub-2:05 realm.  Wow, that is an insane field.

Feeling the growl again

For Boston, it might be interesting for the Americans. It would be nice if Eggleston or Arciniaga or somebody else could break 210. Plus, that race might give some insight into how the Olympic qualifier might go. Meb seems like a lock (right now for that) and Ritz if he is healthy. But, it will still be interesting to see how these guys sort it out in Boston.

For how well American distance running has rebounded, the marathon does seem to have been gutted lately.  Other than Meb....Hall has imploded, Ritz injured more often than not....it's not 2000 where we have one 2:14 guy or anything...or maybe now that it is the glory event we are still good but just over-shadowed and appear less competitive.

Almost begs the question.. out of Hall, Meb or Ritz.. which one (or ones) misses the Olympic Marathon.

Feeling the growl again

Almost begs the question.. out of Hall, Meb or Ritz.. which one (or ones) misses the Olympic Marathon.

IMHO Hall is done.  I don't know what he did to himself...maybe he flew too close to the sun for too long.

IMHO Hall is done.  I don't know what he did to himself...maybe he flew too close to the sun for too long.

I'm with you on this, I'd be surprised to see him run faster than 2:12 again.  It's a shame because he was fun to watch from a neutral's perspective over the years.

& one of the second tier will surely put down a 2:10 flat in your trials, to go along with Ritz & Meb injuries permitting.

The US have quite an impressive number of runners in the 2:10 to 2:13 bracket at the moment.  Excluding Kenya & Ethiopa, I think Japan & the US are close for the third nation.

Feeling the growl again

I'm with you on this, I'd be surprised to see him run faster than 2:12 again.  It's a shame because he was fun to watch from a neutral's perspective over the years.

& one of the second tier will surely put down a 2:10 flat in your trials, to go along with Ritz & Meb injuries permitting.

The US have quite an impressive number of runners in the 2:10 to 2:13 bracket at the moment.  Excluding Kenya & Ethiopa, I think Japan & the US are close for the third nation.

Yeah, I probably don't give enough credit to our 2:10-2:13 guys.  8-10 years ago guys in that range got a lot of attention.  Now, not so much...the front end has just gotten so much faster.

I liked watching Hall race.  It was great to have someone so far out in front of the other Americans and mixing it up with the front guys.  I'm not sure what to make of his downgrading.

Mildly interesting is Bobby Curtis, Chris Derrick and Ritz going at it Saturday. Interesting to see how well they do.

My guess is that Hall needs at least 212 in May to get back into it. He needs something to hang his hat on and say, "Im the big dog around here".