3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

4th Annual Spaniel Farms Beer Mile - July 27, 2013 (Read 371 times)

C-R

BTW - I am not sure what got into my oldest daughter (12) but she packs a 12 ounce gatorade for lunch each day.  We were skiing this weekend and sitting eating luch and she told she saves it until the end and then slams it.  Her record was 5.8 seconds.  She made me times her, but she left about 1/2 to 1 ounce in the bottle, so I refused to stop the clock.

She has potential - A little raw and inexperienced, but potential.

The two of you should watch "Beerfest" for pointers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

I like gatorade - Each kid (4 total) gets a different color, so there is not arguing who spilled or didn't finish or hurled.

Red

Orange

Yellow

Blue

Color coded vomit. Very Hurtlockerish. This thread is delivering.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

DoppleBock

I don't need no stinking pointers ... I just need to find good tasting, calorie free, alcohol intense beer that does not make me feel groggy in the morning.

The two of you should watch "Beerfest" for pointers.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

I don't need no stinking pointers ... I just need to find good tasting, calorie free, alcohol intense beer that does not make me feel groggy in the morning.

When you find that, throw the rest of us a bone will ya.

I'm still looking for a beer that tastes great and won't make me fat drinking a couple every night. And in other news, I'm looking for a unicorn as well.

DoppleBock

You will find a unicorn before I just drink a couple in a night.  It is none or at least a 6-pack.  Unless all we have is a couple in the house.  The other night we only had a couple and I ended up drinking a wine cooler .... aaaaack!

When you find that, throw the rest of us a bone will ya.

I'm still looking for a beer that tastes great and won't make me fat drinking a couple every night. And in other news, I'm looking for a unicorn as well.

C-R

damn it  I was reading this while driving and almost went off the road  friggin hillarious

I've been there and actually had a Zima

You will find a unicorn before I just drink a couple in a night.  It is none or at least a 6-pack.  Unless all we have is a couple in the house.  The other night we only had a couple and I ended up drinking a wine cooler .... aaaaack!

Feeling the growl again

I am awfully close to just calling in July 27th.  If you have further input, speak now or risk missing out on good beer.

It's official.  July 27th.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Per revision of the first post in this thread, we are legitimizing the virtual version of the event.  Same rules; find a track, don't get arrested.  Opt in here and we will track your results.

You'll miss out on a hell of a post-race party though.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

Agreed - We will call it the McJunior version of the race

You'll miss out on a hell of a post-race party though.  Wink

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

It's official.  July 27th.

I think I have to bathe the cat or something that day. I can probably make the post-race party though. Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I think I have to bathe the cat or something that day. I can probably make the post-race party though. Big grin

Bring the cat, we have a hose.  Third time is the charm. Wink

Prince of Fatness

There is no reason not to do a virtual version....certainly a different division as the Spaniel Farms track is not suitable for certification.  Wink

I will keep the weekend of July 27 in mind and see about getting a local race together.  I would want to keep it in my neighborhood so that I do not need to worry about a designated driver.  I am sure that I could find a couple of people stupid enough to join me.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Here's some inspiration for Spaniel.

Nick Symmonds attempts a 5 minute Beer Mile.

http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/248216-2012-London-Olympic-Games/video/654433-Symmonds-AR-Beer-Mile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I don't know why this is such a problem for you.  Just look on the side of your damn creaper van dude!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
                              C-R

It seems there are many benefits to a virtual beer mile.