3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Five mile tempo yesterday in just under 29 min. Last mile in 539.

Felt like legs were finally not overtaxed, but was really breathing hard over the last 10 min.

Nice tempo and good to see things are continuing to move in the right direction!

Feeling the growl again

Kid took my spot in bed at 3:30AM so I got up, topped off the caffeine, and was out the door for a dawn run on the last day of vacation.  3X(15minON/5minOFF).  ON paces 5:42-5:38-5:37.  In trainers and the last one into a stiff wind the whole way (Lake Huron shoreline), so this was a really solid workout effort which I'm still feeling in the legs a day later.  I thought I went out too hard after the first one and would slow down but made it happen.  This July polar vortex can stay, as far as I'm concerned.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

3:30?? Its so hard to run fast that early in the morning. This may be your best effort of the season.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

3:30?? Its so hard to run fast that early in the morning. This may be your best effort of the season.

I was mainlining caffeine until 5:30.  Big grin

Yeah, my legs are feeling it today.  It hit them as intended, a strength workout...DOMS, especially near attachments.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Just a dude.

Did an interval workout tonight at the track. It was a good workout for me becuase I really had to dig in to accomplish it, and I did. It was good training for mental toughness. That seems to have been lacking some lately. :-/

(It was pretty tough physically too... Wink )

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Had to pull a puking little boy out of daycare so I was able to jump on the home treadmill over lunch.  4 mile tempo run 21:38 (5:24.5 avg).  Hopefully the hip flexor that's been dodgy since last week's big workout won't have me posting a Sucker Punch next.

Both time I've done this workout since June 20th (today and 7/2) I've averaged 6sec/mile faster than the time before.

524! cranking it out

My run today was 5 miles.. 552, 552, 549, 549, 539.

Also started with a 5k workout last Friday. 4 x 3 min on/off. Actually went well with about a 520 average and could have done a few more reps. But, thought better of doing too much speed the first time out.

Mbehr, you need to get off the DL and back racing well. At least you have the bike to keep those legs moving.

100+ deg. out there. So I did 5 x 3 on/off.. This time managed to keep the first four under 515 pace and the last one under 510. Pretty happy with that. I think I'm going to sign up for a race in August.

Just a dude.

100+ deg. out there. So I did 5 x 3 on/off.. This time managed to keep the first four under 515 pace and the last one under 510. Pretty happy with that. I think I'm going to sign up for a race in August.

Nice. That's moving right along... Would you have been sub 5 if it was say 60 degrees out?

When it hits that hot around here, I end up waiting. I'll run at 9pm before 100 degrees if I can... That's too hot.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

sub-5? I don't think so. Heat wasn't so bad during the workout, but was killing me during the (not so) cool down.

Feeling the growl again

Sweet.  Get out there on the course and see what it yields.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

First speedwork in quite a while. Went for a 2mi tempo. Finished at 1.5mi. Then did a 400 (finished at .21mi), and two by 200s.

Very tired after, but happy.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Last week a 4 mile tempo at 545 average. Then some mile speed work on Friday.

Today did 5 mile tempo at 552, 549, 546, 542, 539. Just in time to be hot a sweaty before my 2pm meeting.

Feeling the growl again

Last week a 4 mile tempo at 545 average. Then some mile speed work on Friday.

Today did 5 mile tempo at 552, 549, 546, 542, 539. Just in time to be hot a sweaty before my 2pm meeting.

Very nice.  Looks like you're putting a nice stretch together.

Thanks Spaniel,

Its the most consistent I've ever been. Several months now of quality workouts.

I have my 5k in about 10 days. Im not really sure what pace to go out at.. if anybody has any suggestions. Part of the problem is I may be running this solo.