3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November 2014 Racing Thread (Read 36 times)

Ahh.. you and everybody else getting ready for next year.

My goal race is CIM in December and couldn't really treat this one as a real goal race so not bad.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Great work.. doesn't get better than that.

Great experience. First race under his belt - yeah, confirmed he's got a long way to go, but he had a good time, saw all the clubs (and wants to join one) and learned what's possible. 16th out of 17, with 11:17, but a big grin at the end. Good stuff.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I should list this silly thing as well.

11/21 - WhoDatRunner - BMBM#2, Nashville, TN - <20:34

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

yeah  HHFM marathon Sunday - survive

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Dumbasses.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Speaking of which...

I'm seriously considering entering the Blame Spaniel 5K this weekend. Ran a five second half mile PR today (225)... in the drizzle... on wet pavement... and up hill..

Speaking of which...

I'm seriously considering entering the Blame Spaniel 5K this weekend. Ran a five second half mile PR today (225)... in the drizzle... on wet pavement... and up hill..

Damn, nice 800 repeats there.  5k time trials are always good thrown in throughout training.  I'd keep with the name too.  That we can still blame him for the pain and suffering.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

11/21      1M         BMBM#2                   Nashville,TN            Finish, don't puke, don't fall on face.

Ha-ha never tried this before.

Very, very slow but successfull otherwise.   The tequila shots after were not a good idea.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

11/ 23     26.2M    Monkey                      Nashville,TN           Survive, don't fall on face.

Finished. Garmin time: 4:53:33. If I hadn't hooked up with kmays and knifey I'd still be out there.
                    But the race was great till the last 4-5 miles when my stomach went south.

Very nice meeting / seeing people!

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Guess I should list this silly thing as well.

11/21 - WhoDatRunner - BMBM#2, Nashville, TN - <20:34

DNS on this one. My excuse is I got stuck in traffic.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

11/23 - WhoDatRunner - Monkey, Nashville, TN - Survive

My first marathon, so no time goal, no pressure. Just finish without blowing up.

5:22

Wet and painful. I still hurt, so I must have survived. No real blowup, just a gradual grinding down to nothing.

Feeling the growl again

5:22

Wet and painful. I still hurt, so I must have survived. No real blowup, just a gradual grinding down to nothing.

Only a true idiot pops their marathon cherry on Monkey.  Well done.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

3:54:17 for me today at Monkey. Caught up with lots of good people and met a few new ones too.

Learned you can't run a good marathon off 5k and XC season but what the hey.

Well done to WhoDat. Picked a friggin ball buster for a first marathon and hung tough. Well done.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Norm, sorry I missed seeing you at the monkey had to get back home ASAP as I was driving back alone, and could not risk driving too late at night after running the marathon.

It was brave of Richard to attempt the monkey as his first marathon (It was my first too, but I had a bit better training and knew I'd finish).

Anyway that was stupid race, should have taken a DNF as my leg was bothering me from the start, and by mile 13 was running on one leg. walking was more painful than running because of the nerve issue I have and walking stretches the nerve more than running. Was just a grind to the finish line. 10 minutes slower than my prior two attempts (4:41:13)

C-R

Sorry to have missed you too. Driving back to NC (?) hurting like that is hardcore. We had to leave also to get the kids back home for school today. Hope you get healed up.

Trent says you can't train but I won't go in there next year this untrained.