3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I will be accountable for my next workout (Read 49 times)

Aside: If anyone wears glasses while running, I can't recommend Jaws Quick Spit enough.  First product for anti-fog I've found that actually works.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Nice!  Although I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to heap abuse motivation on you.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The winter is long, and I hate the cold.  I'm sure there will be a chance.

Nice!  Although I'm kinda bummed we didn't get to heap abuse motivation on you.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Prince of Fatness

The winter is long, and I hate the cold.  I'm sure there will be a chance.

Good, because I was mildly disappointed that you completed your work out as I was really looking forward to calling you a pussy.  Good to know that there is still a chance.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I would have loved to participate in the abuse motivation, but I was a pussy and did my workout on the treadmill.

Once it gets below freezing the dreadmill becomes slightly more preferable to frozen snot.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Half my coworkers are stuck in gridlock on the snowy roads.  I almost got to witness Idiot #1 driving 30mph on the freeway with their blinkers on meeting Idiot #2 going 80mph when ~60 was the max safe speed.  Sounds like a great day to run outside at lunch.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Idiot #2 going 80mph

Let me guess.  SUV?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Let me guess.  SUV?

Typically you would be right (less often since less on road now).  This was actually a Sunfire.

I do recall similar conditions back in 2006-2007 in I-94 near Detroit, we're all going 30mph in 2 right lanes which are cleared, fast lane is not plowed or being used.  Explorer blows by doing ~70mph in that lane....then about a minute later brake lights all over ahead on the left and traffic stops.  Yup, predictable.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Half my coworkers (and 80% of my students) are complaining that they "almost died" coming in to work today.

I don't even think there are two inches of snow yet.

Emil Zatopek

Feeling the growl again

The worst part about running ultras is training for them.

I have the longest run of my life planned for Saturday morning.  I've been nervous for 2 days.  But, I will cover >4 hrs and >34 miles unless I break myself in the process.