3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Greg's Monthly mileage Challenge (Read 102 times)

Sep = 86.3 miles

Oct = 23.5 miles

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I haven't checked-in in awhile. Totally lost motivation the last few months but I've decided to streak Nov (have NEVER been a streaker), to give myself no excuses to not run.

I hope you feel better soon, Rocken.

Let's see...

Jul - 53.5

Aug - 76.1

Sep - 156.4

3 month total = 286

Oct - 271

Yep, I'm heading the right direction.

November = 35.5

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

C-R

Nov = 234 and change. This is going in the proper direction.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Sorry about not updating this in October and November, I guess I am participating in one too many challenges.  October was on target, November not so much.  Ran 140 miles last month needed 186, I am blaming unplanned travel for the setback. With the December stunt underway I should finish the year on the right track.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

This has gone down hill from the beginning...106.8

steph  

121.2 *sigh* guess it could be worse. On other news I biked over 400 miles for the month

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sigh, this thread just makes me cringe now. I certainly know how to jinx myself, it seems. Ah well, hopefully back on track now. We'll see.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

C-R

286.8 in Dec for me. High water mark of the year.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Closed out the year on a disappointing note.  Sick for the first time in 6-7 years and zero running the last week, otherwise was on target for the month  Total miles for the month - 145.

A good month invariably was followed up with a sub par month.  Need to change that and find a path to run consistently,  Lunch time runs every week day may be the easiest option for me out there to get miles in, but I really need to stretch out a couple of these runs to the 8-10 mile range to get off the plateau I find myself in but the boss wont be too happy with 2 hours lunch runs, so need to find another time window at least twice a week or get faster to be able to run 8 miles in about a hour.