3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I think I'm officially OLD (Read 397 times)

Slo

Hey BT, you weren't the only one...CEIE and I trade weekly wrap up emails on Monday mornings. I'll share my response to his reply:

CEIE Wrote:

I ran twice.  11 miles, ???
    Just not feeling the mornings.

Now I came down with some bronchitis.  And it is whopping my ass.  I can't even walk up the stairs with being short of breath and coughing.

I plan on going on the ride his weekend, but prolly not very long.  I have to be home by 5.  I am thinking of going and giving it all I got for a couple of hours meet some more cool people. Get my feet wet a bit....

I Replied:

11 miles…WTH man, C’mon…amp it up and be a bad ass.

I will give you credit for being home by 5:00 on Saturday. No way do I have that discipline. Given the weather outlook, that ride could have a huge attendance. I’m sure Team savage will be there.

This is just a hunch but I think you need to sick proof yourself. Again, I don’t see all of your training but based on what I do see this is it…The biggest thing is inconsistency. This is probably setting you up for illnesses and injuries.  A few hard weeks followed by a few low volume weeks, then a massive something like the CIRREM, followed by heavy drinking. : )

I also believe in positive affirmation and the power of the mind…If you have a strong goal E.G. “I’m going to have a 185 mile month” then you’re also less likely to get sick because you don’t have the time to get sick…or you don’t use a little sniffle as an excuse because your goal is important to you. I’m there right now…I don’t have a strong well defined goal and it is clearly evident in my training log. Not to mention, it takes very little for me to turn a planned 8 mile run into a 6 mile run…or worse yet, my 17 mile long run into a pissy ass 8 miles.

I have a guy down the office from me…He always says…I wish I could run like you. I tell him then run like me. I don’t run like I do on 20 miles per week.  Another guy says. “I wish I had the energy to bike everyday”…Well guess what, I wouldn’t have the energy to bike everyday unless I biked everyday!

For a few months you were re-posting all of those “slogans” from I <3 RUN…”If you got time to facebook you got time to run” and about a dozen others. Ok Tony…it’s time to be that guy. Or not, that’s your call.  If your motivated by those slogans then you must have the desire to be that guy.  One 40 mpw does not make you a 40 mpw runner. One run in the rain does not make you an all weather runner. A twice a week commute does not make you an everyday commuter. If you want to be bad ass then do what a bad ass does.

There’s your pep talk for the day.

Go Run…Or Bike.

C-R

Slo is bringing the heat. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Slo

Big grin

Honestly C-R, I think it's something Freudian. I'm the one needing the the little pep talk.

I should be running 65 to 70 miles a week right now if I were serious about the goal I set back in January for the Green Bay marathon. My training got side tracked and I can't get my head straight. I've actually let the thought of "Oh, we'll just go up and make it a fun marathon"

Feeling the growl again

If you want to be bad ass then do what a bad ass does.

Go Run 

Because it's awesome enough to bear repeating....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Damn. I need to go run.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I should be running 65 to 70 miles a week right now if I were serious about the goal I set back in January for the Green Bay marathon. My training got side tracked and I can't get my head straight. I've actually let the thought of "Oh, we'll just go up and make it a fun marathon"

That's it. get out of my mind.

I'm in the same place with Boston right now although I will run it hard but damnit the PR is a year away. 

I did watch "Prefontaine" on DVR and that's getting me fired up for doubles (that and this awesome weather). Don't know how much of it was real or bullshit but it served a purpose for me.

Time to man up.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

For a few months you were re-posting all of those “slogans” from I <3 RUN…”If you got time to facebook you got time to run” and about a dozen others. Ok Tony…it’s time to be that guy. Or not, that’s your call.  If your motivated by those slogans then you must have the desire to be that guy.  One 40 mpw does not make you a 40 mpw runner. One run in the rain does not make you an all weather runner. A twice a week commute does not make you an everyday commuter. If you want to be bad ass then do what a bad ass does.

Go Run…Or Bike.

I heart this place.  (Even with the above sunshine being blown up various asses.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

If you want to be bad ass then do what a bad ass does.

Go Run

Because there is really nothing else to say or add to this other than it's worth repeating again.