3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Hey DB -- "The Bicentennial" (Read 418 times)

Feeling the growl again

I was purusing the site www.beermile.com in case it had any good ideas and came across a number of rather interesting variations (including the vodka 2-mile, 8 laps 8 shots, UGH).  One of them is The Bicentennial, 100 beers and 100 miles in any order.  As if the beer mile wasn't stupid enough, I thought some of you may find this one intriguing...I think the listed 151 hours as the record.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Purdey

Self anointed title

I think the Swamp have done this. Not sure of the results though.

Ostrich runner

I would think we came close to 151 hrs several times in college without trying. Well, we were trying but our goals were different. Actually, we had no real goals, we were just drunk and running a lot.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I think the Swamp have done this. Not sure of the results though.

Ben and Mishka won, right?

Or was it Ben and Scovill....or Scovill and someone.

Ben and Mishka won, right?

Or was it Ben and Scovill....or Scovill and someone.

scovil and Mishka

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The King of Beasts

the usual goal is a week, but it has been done in under 100 hours.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

On On

the usual goal is a week, but it has been done in under 100 hours.

The infamous Triple Century.

100 Beers, 100 Miles, 100 Hours.

I still want to accomplish this at some point.

C-R

yeah and the 50/50 challenge is where Thunder was giving the business to spud when both of them got dusted by Wrigley.

It sounded dumb then and it still sounds dumb now.

So who's in?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

On On

If any one wants to really make a push for the 100 Hours I have the venue for you to do it.  3 Days at the Fair next year.  Completely supported, showers and bathrooms right on the course, you can set up a tent to sleep whenever you want and it is private property so you can drink in public as much as you want.

Feeling the growl again

I broached the 50/50 to my wife back then.  She entertains a lot of my stupid ideas but that one was shot down, so I think the 100/100/100 would not make it off the runway.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

I do not want to entertain any of this stuff.  I do not want to invest that amount of time into drinking - It would involve at least 1 day of vacation - Likely 2 and I am not burning vacation for teh sole purpose of getting drunk.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

I do not want to entertain any of this stuff.  I do not want to invest that amount of time into drinking - It would involve at least 1 day of vacation - Likely 2 and I am not burning vacation for teh sole purpose of getting drunk.

It was all in fun of course.  You have bigger fish to fry this year.