3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pace Bunny? (Read 277 times)

an amazing likeness

When did we get a pace bunny here...or has it been there all along and I'm just...well...fat drunk and stoopid is no way to go through life.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

#artbydmcbride

Its new...Santa brought it

Runners run

an amazing likeness

What's your mileage plan for December?  You're killing me....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

You can blame C-R...my question is, why are many of us missing from it?  Since Ilene is at the top I must be suspicious that she has something to do with it... Wink

MTA:  Based on recollections from a far-away place, I seem to remember that once you pass whatever the goal is you eventually just drop off.  So those of us significantly past 2000 mile have already dropped off.

I'm okay with that.  My question is....should we encourage mediocrity by setting a low bar and allowing you to walk into the sunset?  Or should we let DB, A1 and schneidr embarass us into higher levels of performance by continuing to document their superior mileage achievements???

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

You can blame C-R...my question is, why are many of us missing from it?  Since Ilene is at the top I must be suspicious that she has something to do with it... Wink

MTA:  Based on recollections from a far-away place, I seem to remember that once you pass whatever the goal is you eventually just drop off.  So those of us significantly past 2000 mile have already dropped off.

I'm okay with that.  My question is....should we encourage mediocrity by setting a low bar and allowing you to walk into the sunset?  Or should we let DB, A1 and schneidr embarass us into higher levels of performance by continuing to document their superior mileage achievements???

This. And i plan to ask Eric to set it to A1, Db and Schneider levels. In corporate terms it's called a stretch goal but as my boy says, second place is just first loser Dad.

If there is a huge uproar, we can set it at 3000 or something.

MTA: I just re-read this. Damn it. This is the hurtlocker. Lead dog sets the pace for the rest of us. Catch up or not. But give it your best shot.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

This. And i plan to ask Eric to set it to A1, Db and Schneider levels. In corporate terms it's called a stretch goal but as my boy says, second place is just first loser Dad.

If there is a huge uproar, we can set it at 3000 or something.

I would rather the goal be set so we are pushing through the end of the year and can see everyone on there.  Last time I was on a bunny chart I was always disappointed when people started to roll off, it kind of detracted from the usefulness for me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Meh.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I would rather the goal be set so we are pushing through the end of the year and can see everyone on there.  Last time I was on a bunny chart I was always disappointed when people started to roll off, it kind of detracted from the usefulness for me.

I'll ask that for this year and top dog gets to set the pace for 2013. Poeple won't drop off so often then.

Heh.

Oh and tater - isn't it a bit early to be scroog. Christmas isn't for another 25 days you know.Wink

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Oh and tater - isn't it a bit early to be scroog. Christmas isn't for another 25 days you know.Wink

Sorry about that, just less focused on mileage whoring these days.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yeah, I hate people dropping off.

steph  

C-R

You get a pass for being on IR or just plain training to stay off IR.

Feeling the growl again

Do you think we could get one added for beers drunk as well?  Now THAT would be entertaining.

Nah, last December broke me of mileage whoring too, although if I plan to do anything other than hobby-jog I have to be posting 3000+ annually.

Prince of Fatness

Nah, last December broke me of mileage whoring too, although if I plan to do anything other than hobby-jog I have to be posting 3000+ annually.

I explained what I am doing in the goal thread, but yeah, if things work for me my mileage will be around 2000 give or take.  I am just no longer focusing on exact numbers because it may be a distraction to the big picture.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'd say leave the pace bunny at 2,000, but don't drop off folks that pass 2,000. That way you can chase the bunny or someone else if you want. Or just do your own thing if that's what you'd prefer. It's all good. As long as you're running and pushing yourself. No slackers here.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I'd say leave the pace bunny at 2,000, but don't drop off folks that pass 2,000. That way you can chase the bunny or someone else if you want. Or just do your own thing if that's what you'd prefer. It's all good. As long as you're running and pushing yourself. No slackers here.

I'm not sure those over the goal can stay on, I think its coded to drop those that have reashed the goal.

Whats the name of this User Group? Isn't it 2012 miles in the Hurtlocker?

I guess thats why I even brought up that a pace bunny (should be a lion...king of the jungle and all) would be a nice addition and it seemed fitting to have it track to 2012 miles. I personally liked that feature in the other group that tracks mileage similar to this group and thats one of the few reasons I even venture into that place.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life