3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

OK, quoting my own post = dumb but ...

They had a timing mat laid down just shy of the 5mile mark.  Never seen that at this race before but I thought they were worried about people cutting the race short.  Turns out there was a guy going for the 8K Masters 55-59 record (Brian Pilcher) so that was why the mat was there.  He did get the record, I think, as I just looked it up and it was 27:00 by Norm Green in 1990.  Pilcher ran 26:38 en-route to 33:46 10K.

Since my 8K split of 29:59 is faster than my official 8K PR of 30:53 I'm thinking that means I PR'd at two distance today - 8K and 10K.  I'ma countin' it as an unofficial PR only because I can't figure out a way to add it to my RA log without screwing up my overall distance run.  I'd have an extra 8K that I didn't run in my RA log.  Now I need to find an 8K.

Nice run Ken and congrats on the two PR's.  Heck, if their counting the 8k split record for Pilcher, there is no reason that you can't count that split as an 8k PR for you either.  But of course, it's not official unless it's logged on RA.  Guess you'll have to find way to work that in there.  Nice to see all the hard work pay off.  You've put in some good miles this spring.

5/29 Roth Runner - Rosenheim League - Croydon, UK - 1500m, sub 4:40, then 3000m, sub 9:50

These are 20 minutes apart so I'm not sure what to expect, especially as I've never run a 1500m ever.  I ran a 3000m last year in 9:51.  I'm also going to wear track spikes for the first time so this should be interesting!

1500m = 4:34

3000m = 9:43

Interesting running both of these on one night - I still had track cough from the first race when I started the 3!  Ran in the spikes for the 3000m, flats for the 1500m.  I managed to finish strong in both so there's probably a bit to come off both with a bit of work.  I was a bit clueless at the start of the 1500, and ended up having to slow and run wide to get settled.

Interesting running both of these on one night - I still had track cough from the first race when I started the 3!  Ran in the spikes for the 3000m, flats for the 1500m.  I managed to finish strong in both so there's probably a bit to come off both with a bit of work.  I was a bit clueless at the start of the 1500, and ended up having to slow and run wide to get settled.

Wow!  Nice racing!

Wow.. sooo nice. RR you are on fire.

And we run because we like it
          Through the broad bright land

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Impressive running RR!

Feeling the growl again

Impressive running RR!

+1...or 3, whatever it is up to.  Damn fine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

+1...or 3, whatever it is up to.  Damn fine.

n+1 to what everyone else said. Nice running!

Retired &  Loving It