3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

Nice job on the sub-17 Roth!

16:50 for 4th this morning.  Happy to get the sub 17 monkey off my back.  Got dragged out a little quick but dug in.

Ha.. very nice.. and 1701 is ridiculous. It makes me happy that I don't have to see that when I pull up your PRs.

Oh.. and PS.. Parkruns are the best.. wish we had them here.

Happy to get the sub 17 monkey off my back.   

And we run because we like it
      Through the broad bright land

Cant worry when you PR. I hope you feel better soon.

It's a PR and about what I thought I could manage, but still disappointed I couldn't do better.  My butt/leg really started to bother me the last 2-3 miles. I'm looking forward to seeing the PT Tuesday.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

C-R

WTG WhoDat. A PR is a PR.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ha.. very nice.. and 1701 is ridiculous. It makes me happy that I don't have to see that when I pull up your PRs.

Oh.. and PS.. Parkruns are the best.. wish we had them here.

Cheers, and yeah the Parkrun thing in the UK is super cool.  If anyone ever gets over to UK give a parkrun a go.

16:50 for 4th this morning.  Happy to get the sub 17 monkey off my back.  Got dragged out a little quick but dug in.

Bravo!!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats on your PR, WhoDat!

Good going, Roth.

And CR, sorry no PR but no toilet issues is always a plus!

steph  

Congrats on your PR, WhoDat!

Good going, Roth.

And CR, sorry no PR but no toilet issues is always a plus!

I agree with all of these statements.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Ran James Joyce Ramble 10k  last week,@27weeks prego 49:50/8:02 pace

MOM's 5k 5/12/13  @29 Weeks est 25-26min

Travs Trail Run 3mi  5/19/13 @30 Weeks  est 24-27 min--still not sure if we will do it.

Pineland Farms 5k 5/26/13 @31 weeks est 25:30-28min

No goal times, just go out and mosey and have fun. Baby Boy due July 25th.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

C-R

Travs Trail Run 3mi  5/19/13 @30 Weeks  est 24-27 min--still not sure if we will do it.

Ok. That's a serious Hurtlocker attitude.

Glad to see you back E and all the best on the upcoming delivery.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Whoah whoah whoah.

First of all, welcome back.

Second, CONGRATS!!!!

Finally, yes that is serious Hurtlocker material.  Be safe, and be careful.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

#artbydmcbride

ERainrun!

Runners run

Less than 1 week to go for Ice Age 50 mile.  Weather reports are all over the board but I am hoping for low 60's if not cooler.  Weather permitting I am still on track for a <7:00 finish.  I am definitely in a different kind of shape this year.  Don't feel like I have the short distance speed I've had in the past but trail runs have been pretty damn good.

ERain, I second or third what they said. Badass. BTW, if you show up at Pineland for the 5k on the 26'th, you'll be a day late, but I'll be there. Hope you stick around and look out for the Winners Circle guy you met for like 5 seconds at a race a couple years ago heh. I'll be on the lookout for antennae.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Big fat Fail on my 5K,  had some seriously heavy legs, and did something to my back on the quickish mile run on Friday, it was pretty tight Saturday morning. Still thought I could get my goal because of the nice cool weather, but when the downhill mile 1 came in at 7:12 (where the mile marker was, Garmin read the course consistently short) let up considerably and the next two miles were at 8:00 plus pace, definitely not race effort.

Official result - 23:57