3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May 2013 Racing Thread (Read 68 times)

Impromptu 5k race tonight (ran longest run of 8 miles yesterday) Hoping to be able to keep up with husband and son and hoping son gets a PR tonight.

Yes i'm still stupid .Not only did I  work out last night I added  weight to my dead lifts and  I also did squats for the first time in ages

MTA: Frankie PR'd with a 26:26 (progression run as well) He took off 1:32 off his 5k Very happy for him considering reflux issue's have been interfering in his training   As for me my legs did NOT fall off. I didn't die or feel like it. I held back (actually my husband grabbed my hand so that we could finish together) and let the young girl who Frankie out kicked at the end get to the shoot before myself.  I my time was 1 second off of Frankie's.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice!

Stupid?  Nah, you're just awesome, rockenmama.  Nice family running out there!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Walk-Jogger

+1, especially on the family running part. Two of my adult daughters w/small children are struggling to find the time to become runners, and on the rare occasion that I get to run with one or both of them, it's great.

Retired &  Loving It

+2

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Definitely not stupid. Maybe a little crazy -- in the best possible way!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Definitely not stupid. Maybe a little crazy -- in the best possible way!

Yup awesome, Pam!

steph  

an amazing likeness

5/25  WrigleyGirl - Grand Union Canal Race - Birmingham to London - 145 miles - <31 hours 

Holy hell...how do you do these kind of things, that's insane. Shocked The mental stamina is beyond my comprehension. That's beyond honey badger.

5/26 E_rainrun - Pineland Farms 5k @31 weeks - 25:30-28min

5/26 Greg C - Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival 50 miler - New Gloucester, ME - <9 hours

If you guys run into any last minute needs while you're at the farm...I live about 3 miles from Pineland, just PM me. I may jog over and watch the suffering for a while...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

If you guys run into any last minute needs while you're at the farm...I live about 3 miles from Pineland, just PM me. I may jog over and watch the suffering for a while...

Thanks MT. There'll be plenty of suffering to watch, too. Heh.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

bhearn

5/5 - bhearn - Tacoma City Marathon - Tacoma, WA - 3:25 (pacing)

So yeah, not really a race.

Ran 3:24:27, pretty much what I was after. With no more 0:59 grace, you gotta think ~30 sec under for pacing.

Last-minute decision, gonna run a 5K tomorrow, first one in years.

5/11 - bhearn - Willow Glen 5K - San Jose, WA - < 19:08 (PR)

Yeah, that should be pretty soft, but we'll see. There's a reason I haven't run one in years.

Feeling the growl again

Last-minute decision, gonna run a 5K tomorrow, first one in years.

5/11 - bhearn - Willow Glen 5K - San Jose, WA - < 19:08 (PR)

Now that is respectable.  Kill it.  Then we can ride your pansy ass to get it down where it belongs.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

MTA: Frankie PR'd with a 26:26 (progression run as well) He took off 1:32 off his 5k Very happy for him considering reflux issue's have been interfering in his training   As for me my legs did NOT fall off. I didn't die or feel like it. I held back (actually my husband grabbed my hand so that we could finish together) and let the young girl who Frankie out kicked at the end get to the shoot before myself.  I my time was 1 second off of Frankie's.

Woohoo!!!

bhearn

Now that is respectable.  Kill it.  Then we can ride your pansy ass to get it down where it belongs.  Wink

Nope. 19:12. Lost it on the grass finish. Needed 6:10 pace, ran 6:03 by Garmin, not good enough. 2AG.

Feeling the growl again

Nope. 19:12. Lost it on the grass finish. Needed 6:10 pace, ran 6:03 by Garmin, not good enough. 2AG.

So close.  Course must have been long as we all know Garmins don't lie.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

bhearn - Great run right after a marathon, even a non-raced one.  Give us the low-down on the Willow Glen race.  I had that one on my calendar but decided not to run it as I just needed a break from racing every dang weekend.