3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Kalsarikännit

If a week goes badly, you didn't get the push ups in, or you feel it is best to repeat the week before moving on it is no big deal (as a matter of fact, it is recommended).  I don't see most people doing the six week plan in six weeks.  However long it takes is cool.  The goal is 100 good push ups.  We can keep track of who is in, and once you complete a week and are ready to move on just post it and we can keep track.  Once you complete your goal you will receive something crazy fabulous like a smiley face or a million dollars.  My choice.

WEEK ONE

WEEK TWO

WEEK THREE

WEEK FOUR 

WEEK FIVE

WEEK SIX

Who is in-  Week Completed

A1 

AmoresPerros-3

beef

DB

Candice-3

C-R-WOO-HOO!!!

Dickey

Ennay

Happyfeet-WOO-HOO!!!

Hoppity

L Train

mbehr-2

Nemo ME

pfetro-2

Rocken

Spaniel-WOO-HOO!!!

TeaOlive-4

TonyP-Big grin  1st finisher!  WOO-HOO!!!

WG-1

WhoDatRunner-

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

me!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I wanna play

C-R

I'm in.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

A definate maybe - its been years since I have done push ups ... but I am confident I can start level 4 or 5 if I choose to.  I used to (Many years ago) do my own pushup / situp challenge - Every day after a run I would do pushups and situps - the same number of each.  Every day I would add 1 more.  I started at 20 (easy) and quit when I was 130+.  But now I am old - with little runner arms and chest.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Kalsarikännit

A definate maybe - its been years since I have done push ups ... but I am confident I can start level 4 or 5 if I choose to.  I used to (Many years ago) do my own pushup / situp challenge - Every day after a run I would do pushups and situps - the same number of each.  Every day I would add 1 more.  I started at 20 (easy) and quit when I was 130+.  But now I am old - with little runner arms and chest.

All I heard was blah, blah, blah.

So you are in, right?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

job????? what's that

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

I guess I can add a few planks, leg lifts, crunches and call it the start of a core workout program - Nothing will happen until next week and if I am not there by May 27th - I call a 10 day holiday from it.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm in.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Sod it.  I think I'm in. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

A Saucy Wench

I'll play for a little bit although I'll probably get bored. I usually change up my lfting every 4 weeks or so.

I think you start where you start.  Even if I start with the week 3 plan it will take me more than 6 weeks to make it to 100.  The last time I did this I figured it worked better if I did "WX" level1....then the next week I did "WX level 2"  then level 3 and then moved on.  3 weeks on each week.  possibly why I got bored.

Oh....hmm, I'll see where I can fit this in, currently I am doing push exercises twice a week so I might modify it to twice a week instead of 3.  I am at the end of a series right now anyway so it is a good time to re-evaluate what i am going to do for the next 5 weeks until school gets out. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'll play for a little bit although I'll probably get bored. I usually change up my lfting every 4 weeks or so.

I'm like you in that I get bored easily. I've always thought that was why my body responded so well when I lift since I change things up so frequently. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Me too!  

MTA:  I hate push ups.  Always have and always will.  

Have never been good at them.

But yeah, getting older, arms thinner,  chest, oh, what ever.

steph  

Sod it. I'm in. 

fixed that for ya

I don't trust that program, if my max is 40, how can I do 4 x 30 and then do a 40. ( something like that anyway). That said, I'm in.