I'm going to lose this, btw.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

No,  I've probably got you there.

steph  

The King of Beasts

sign me up.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Kalsarikännit

I believe I have already lost.  When I do anything like real push ups, lunges (back foot), etc, where the foot is bent and there is weight on it, that stupid peroneal tendon of mine really hurts.  I am going to try for real push ups but I'm not going to hurt my running in the process.

This means I may be doing girlie push ups.  I'm already mortified.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

fixed that for ya

Rockentroublemakermama.

I think I will be the last one to completion.  Currently I can do about 25 MTA:38 (just bothered to check...and damn I used to be able to 50 comfy with feet on the sofa), but 100 is one hell of a lot.   It will be good for me though.  Good antagonist training for climbing (hopefully waving goodbye to elbow tendinitis issues that are otherwise an issue with too much cranking) and it might actually make me get back into doing more strength stuff (and back to climbing more as a result).  I do get bored though...that worries me.  How can I not get bored with running and never 'forget' to run...but find it so easy to be too busy to strength train (or somehow forget to do it).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I'm in.

I'm in too.  The running's for shit right now so this will be something to fill in and keep some sort of activity going.  Although last night, it was 60 push-ups, 60 sit-ups, squats, lunges and other core stuff.

A Saucy Wench

I don't trust that program, if my max is 40, how can I do 4 x 30 and then do a 40. ( something like that anyway). That said, I'm in.

Yeah, it makes more sense to start at something that looks doable.  Because I cant do fucking FIVE sets of that level. 

Hell, maybe I should start at week 1 so I can actually feel all tough and stuff for a week.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

OK, I got another question about that plan.  Why would anyone want to follow column 3 or even 2, if the end goal is to do 100 pushups, and doing the column 1 gets us there.  

This is the line of thinking that one develops working 15 years in IT (getting away with doing the absolute minimum required)

Ostrich runner

I'm in [the worst shape of my life], so I'm in.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

I will likely do my week #1 2-3 weeks before I start theirs.  I do not like to have sore boobies

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

i've got some time to burn, so i'll go in on in this as well.  could be fun!

Feeling the growl again

In....and when I finish, I don't need a million dollars.  I'll settle for you staying in Chicago long enough to actually meet in person one of the gazillion times a year I'm there.  Heck, I'll even pony up for the beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Kalsarikännit

Heck, I'll even pony up for the beer.

Shocked  I'm free tonight.  Start driving.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Shocked  I'm free tonight.  Start driving.

June 1st through 4th I will be there.  Somehow I think your suggestion would get me killed.  My wife may not shoot as well as me, but it's good enough.  Wink

Now this thing says if we score high enough we are supposed to start with Week 3.  I think we should decide if we are all going to start with Week 1, or if those already doing a 4 or 5 on the pretest follow instructions and start with Week 3.  I am indifferent.

MTA:  Considering I am going to be sore as well for 3-4 days after the first workout, starting with Week 1 sounds appealing.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills