3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Good job folks.  Keep it up!

I'm thinking about starting on pullups, but want to still keep doing the pushups too. I need to get back to doing weights again too.... and swim more, and run more, and bike more, and do more core work... I guess there's a lot I need to do.

Feeling the growl again

Week 6 done.  C3 D3 max=61.  Friday is the day.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

101 and DONE!

Spaniel - your beer is safe.

Went at it after a 2 mile warm-up on the TM. I could not have done a single more. Arms were shaking like a thief in court for the last five.

I plan to continue the week 6 workouts until I get bored. I will also add the crunches.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

101 and DONE!

Went at it after a 2 mile warm-up on the TM. I could not have done a single more. Arms were shaking like a thief in court for the last five.

I plan to continue the week 6 workouts until I get bored. I will also add the crunches.

Awesome.  Now 2 finishers in the books.

Film at 11?

No worries, I still have plenty of beer for you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

101 and DONE!

Awesome CR!  Nice work.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

101 and DONE!

Congratulations!  

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W5-D2-C1 finished.  Max-26

steph  

C-R

Awesome.  Now 2 finishers in the books.

Film at 11?

No worries, I still have plenty of beer for you.

Thanks all and I expect there will be lots more people hitting 100+ soon. Still trying to get the video to load. That's what I get for using the kids camera and not my phone. Sheesh.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Congrats Tony and C-R!  Going back to W3 C1 starting tonight.  Gave blood on Monday, and couldn't bend my arm much for a day or so after a painful stick from the technician.  Trying to recruit some of my fellow running club members into the 100 challenge tonight before our club run (though they won't be logging their efforts here).

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I kept failing to hit the minimum on the final set for W4-D1-C1 and kind of gave up for a while. I tried again yesterday and failed again. Guess I'll just keep trying until I get it.

Congrats to Tony and C-R for hitting 100. Come on Spaniel, you're next. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I kept failing to hit the minimum on the final set for W4-D1-C1 and kind of gave up for a while. I tried again yesterday and failed again. Guess I'll just keep trying until I get it.

Congrats to Tony and C-R for hitting 100. Come on Spaniel, you're next. Wink

I was thinking that that is what is going to happen to me with week 5 Confused

steph  

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

Please show me the video, I've seen over 75 pushup videos on youtube of people claiming to do 100 pushups and I don't think more than 2 ever really did them correctly.

I ran a marathon in under 2hrs and 30 minutes, I just forgot to put the time chip on before I started.  But believe me, my kids saw me leave at 8am and finish beore 10:30am.

No video = no proof = it didn't happen (= I'm a bastard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCKHx8Yyj4

Feeling the growl again

Please show me the video, I've seen over 75 pushup videos on youtube of people claiming to do 100 pushups and I don't think more than 2 ever really did them correctly.

I ran a marathon in under 2hrs and 30 minutes, I just forgot to put the time chip on before I started.  But believe me, my kids saw me leave at 8am and finish beore 10:30am.

You look to be new here...glad to have you...welcome aboard.

We tend not to sugarcoat or coddle peoples' inner children here...granted the "perfect pushup" is a bit subjective... but questioning C-R's integrity lacking video evidence is a bit over the line IMHO.  The guy's got credentials here, if he says he did it I don't question it for a second.  I know his work ethic.

So are you taking on the challenge, Ted?  Climb aboard...

C-R

Alright another entrant. This is a "put up" kind of place so welcome to the challenge.

And yes, there will be video.

Oh and congratulations on your sub 2:30 long run.  Wink

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

my video is up and open for criticism, and I provided the link.

I can do 80 right now and haven't trained in over 2 yrs.  But I know the last last 15 are the hardest.

I know I am a jerk, but please understand many people have tried and few have ever completed this challenge with good form.

Alot of people THINK they are doing them correctly, but don't realize the truth until they see themselves on video.

Elbows have to go down to 90degree angle and then to full extension on the way up, no pauses. 

If this were easy there wouldn't be so many forums and videos on youtube of people trying and giving up.

Running credintials aren't the same as strength training creds.  In running you have time chips and strength training you have word of mouth.

I see lots of people doing pushups or lifting weights incorrectly, probably myself included at times.  But I can't beat a time chip or video as proof.