3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

C-R

I don't think so. I'm not that stupid yet. Although I do keep getting stupider every year. Big grin

Seriously. It's been a a couple of months. A patriotic July mileage throwdown might be just the ticket. Find your best month evah and add 10%. Beers on me in August for those that make it. We've got some big milers in here so it would be a kick in the ass.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hi Ted,

I'd like to point out a few things...

- Your video was in 2009.  We are now in the year 2012.  This isn't a "glory days" thread. 

- You should read your post and ask yourself if you really want to be "that guy".  100 pushups is admittedly an accomplishment... but you need to learn a bit about your audience before you crow too loudly about your own awesomeness. (Looks like Candice gave you a small taste, but there's much more.)

- The people in this group with the greatest accomplishments tend to encourage others, not pour cold water over their success.

- You aren't the judge of pushups, I'm not sure what would make you think you are.

- C-R beat you by one.  Jealous?

Oh, and welcome. Smile

Please show me the video, I've seen over 75 pushup videos on youtube of people claiming to do 100 pushups and I don't think more than 2 ever really did them correctly.

I ran a marathon in under 2hrs and 30 minutes, I just forgot to put the time chip on before I started.  But believe me, my kids saw me leave at 8am and finish beore 10:30am.

No video = no proof = it didn't happen (= I'm a bastard)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCKHx8Yyj4

Congratulations Norm! Great job! (Looks like I've gotta get with the program again!)

101 and DONE!

Spaniel - your beer is safe.

Went at it after a 2 mile warm-up on the TM. I could not have done a single more. Arms were shaking like a thief in court for the last five.

I plan to continue the week 6 workouts until I get bored. I will also add the crunches.

I would not trust a video anymore than a person's word.  Stitching a video together is child's play.  Why would anyone lie about a stupid pushup challenge? maybe the ones who take a bus or take a shortcut in a race might do that, but I know many in this group seek out some insane runs, just because they like the pain.    

That said where is WG, the instigator of this brand of insanity?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Seriously. It's been a a couple of months. A patriotic July mileage throwdown might be just the ticket. Find your best month evah and add 10%. Beers on me in August for those that make it. We've got some big milers in here so it would be a kick in the ass.

I could probably do that. As long as it isn't something really stupid like trying to run a marathon.

It would be fun watching Spaniel go for over 600 miles. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I can do a July Mileage challenge, however I need to get in my mileage by 28th (travel rest of the month), wanted to get my first 200 mile month for a while and this could be the motivator.  I think I can manage 250, I am not recovering well after > hour runs in the heat, so I'd limit myself to 250.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

That would be a measly sad 192.5 mile goal for me - yes, I confess, I've never had a month near 200 miles.  Couple that with not having hit 100 miles for a month since August, this would be a crazy stupid ridiculous idea,

So, yeah, I'm in.   New thread for this, I'm assuming?

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W5-D3-C1 Max-25 --- Needed 30.

I think that after doing week 5 twice, with worse results the second time, that

I will go back to week four.  

I think that I'm in for a July throw down.   I do need to be getting in some two a days 

before July 21Wink

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I've felt weak and shakey ever since my miserable morning run but I said I'd try to finish today, so I did.

Should have done it yesterday.  I quit at 68 rather than exhaust myself falling a bit short...so that I can try again tomorrow when I am having a better day.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

To answer people's comments in the previous posts:

I have no problem getting 'chicked' by Candice... I get beat by lots ladies, and grandmas, no big deal.

I realize I was being a jerk when I posted, sometimes you need a 'that guy' to piss you off to get over the hump.  I do really want to see people reach their goals, whatever they are.

I watched a lot of videos in the last couple years, people comment on my video and I check them out and may click on 3-4 links every time I visit Youtube...so it adds up.  I didn't watch them all in one night.

My comment that the last 15 are the hardest is true (and obvious), but for some people the first 15 might be...it's like running in the rain, the hardest part is just getting out the door...I read that on another forum here on RA.

Most people on RA seem to be ultra competitive, running and workingout lots more than myself, so I wouldn't be surprised at anyone's accomplishments here.

Feeling the growl again

94.  Looks like I'll be trying again tonight.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Good job! That's close!

94.  Looks like I'll be trying again tonight.  

Just saw this. Good job! Rest up and hit it again!

92 max today, I blame the zero sleep Tuesday night, and drive to Atlanta and back (9+ hours) yesterday.  Should've tried it when better rested, but I'll get to the finish line this week.

Hang in there Steph, sometimes extra rest helps. 

W5-D3-C1 Max-25 --- Needed 30.

I think that after doing week 5 twice, with worse results the second time, that

I will go back to week four.  

I think that I'm in for a July throw down.   I do need to be getting in some two a days 

before July 21Wink

Feeling the growl again

102, I am done!  I really wanted another couple to hammer it home but it simply was not there.  My pecs are burning (they are the weakest link now) and I feel like I just ran a 400m all-out.

On to the next stupid challenge.