3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Tea - when I started this my left shoulder was dodgy and sore. Now I hardly notice it. I had to push through a few workouts and now the increased strenght )IMO) has reduced something that's bothered me for. Years. Just an anecdote.

Today did W6C3D3 and added 4 to each rep. Yikes.

Thanks, C-R.

W4-D2-C1 max-22.

steph  

DoppleBock

Now I have time again - I realize this is stupid.  I have not lifted weights in years - after being good about it from 18-39 YO.  I did 3 sets just to ease into it a few nights ago and had sore pecs.

Push ups suck ~ Being weak sucks more.

Maybe by Christmas?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Now I have time again - I realize this is stupid.  I have not lifted weights in years - after being good about it from 18-39 YO.  I did 3 sets just to ease into it a few nights ago and had sore pecs.

Push ups suck ~ Being weak sucks more.

Maybe by Christmas?

I think the key is, could you do it at one time.  If so, I give you 7-10 weeks to get there.  It's easier to rebuild muscles than to grow them in the first place.

I quit lifting in 2001.  That's further back than you, and I doubled my pushups to hit 100 in ~8 weeks.  I've done no significant and deliberate upper body workout in the past 11 years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Yes I can get there

Maybe not with General CR watching and discounting poor form pushups - I hear he is a real ball buster.

This week is my - Do some work to see where you are at ~ Next week I will start.  I may not follow the program 100%

A push up is the cooperation of your Lats, Tri-Ceps and Pecs with a little help of some other back and core muscles.  I would like to start doing some light work individually for the big 3 above + bi-ceps + core ... nothing crazy or heavy - Just higher reps. 

With all the boating this summer - I should have started in April.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Maybe not with General CR watching and discounting poor form pushups - I hear he is a real ball buster.

You have me confused with some other forehead crushed beer can types. I am a benevolent Field Marshal.

I have you both on the lifting thing. I haven't done that since my USAF days - so 20+ years.

Up the ante on the workout today. Sets 1-2: 35, Sets 3-4: 40, Sets 5-6: 35, Sets 7-8: 30. Managed 61 on max and actually fell into the floor so hard I thought I saw stars.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

You have me confused with some other forehead crushed beer can types. I am a benevolent Field Marshal.

I have you both on the lifting thing. I haven't done that since my USAF days - so 20+ years.

Up the ante on the workout today. Sets 1-2: 35, Sets 3-4: 40, Sets 5-6: 35, Sets 7-8: 30. Managed 61 on max and actually fell into the floor so hard I thought I saw stars.

It will be interesting to see over time how my bench+pushups routine progress compares to your all-pushups strategy, considering our starting point was similar....and our progress to 100 was similar.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

It will be interesting to see over time how my bench+pushups routine progress compares to your all-pushups strategy, considering our starting point was similar....and our progress to 100 was similar.

I was thinking about that as well. I may add my kettlebell workout back into rotation. It's something I enjoy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W4-D3-C1 max-24

Finished week 4 for the second time and i truly can't imagine ever getting to 100.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W4-D2-C1 Final Set=20

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I don't know if I will ever finish this since I keep starting and stopping and restarting. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter since I won't ever be able to make a you tube video of myself doing them Wink

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I don't know if I will ever finish this since I keep starting and stopping and restarting. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter since I won't ever be able to make a you tube video of myself doing them Wink

Yeah.  Pretty much what Candice said.

I re-did the initial test and am starting with week three column four even though I have finished week four.  

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Stick with it, gals.  You were making great progress and will continue.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Stick with it, gals.

I think I'm offended.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

Feeling the growl again

I think I'm offended.

Well I had just been replying to 2 consecutive posts by the ladies....but hey, if that fuels you for the beer mile then use it.  Wink

MTA:  I hope your trees are alive.  I never heard back from you on my offer.