3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August Racing Thread (Read 1334 times)

Feeling the growl again

Because beef said there wasn't one...

Result

Amores Perros -- 8/2 -- track 5K -- PR

Burnt Toast -- 8/6 -- Lake Minnewaska Triathlon, Glenwood MN - Top 5, sub-1:02        1:02:14; 5thOA

MandyS -- 8/6 -- Wellington Road Championships 10K - sub-40                                        41:10; 7th Master

TonyP -- 8/6 -- Staggerwing Duathlon -- sub-1:31, PR                                                         1:32:51, 5thOA,2nd Master, PR

mgerwn -- 8/7 -- Soundrunner sea legs shuffle 10-miler, CT -- 1:30                                    1:28:48

MandyS -- 8/8 -- 5K, no pre-specified goal                                                                                 19:27, 32sec PR

rabutler -- 8/9 -- TNT 5K Series #5 -- <33:00                                                                              DNS

beef -- 8/13 -- Howl at the Moon 8Hr -- 8hrs of honest fwd motion                                         33.4 miles

Diamond J -- 8/13 -- Run with the Duck 5K, Kennebunk -- sub-16                                       16:26

mgerwn -- 8/14 -- Falmouth Road Race 7 miler, Cape Cod -- 59:59

Candice S -- 8/13 -- Paavo Nurmi Marathon -- TBD; not get teenie'd                                  3:13:39; 1st OA

Diamond J -- 8/20 -- Breakaway 5K -- sub-16                                                                             15:59

DoppleBock -- 8/20 -- Leadville 100 Mile - CO - Sub 24 hours                                                  DNF

Purdey -- 8/20 -- Leadville 100 Mile - CO - Sub 30 hours                                                         sub-30 buckle

smalcolm --8/20 -- Waldo 100K, Oakridge, OR -- sub-14                                                         13:41

TonyP -- 8/27/11 - Cedars of Lebanon Tri --  sub 1:18, place in my AG                              1:18:01 (drat!), 3rd AG

Burnt Toast -- 8/28 -- Lakes County Tri, Baxter MN -- Top 10 AG, sub-1:40                            DNS

Diamond J -- 8/28 -- Springfield (MA) HM -- sub-1:15                                                           cancelled

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Indeed. 

Howl at the Moon 8hr, 8/13. Goal: 8hrs of honest forward motion.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

8/20 Leadville 100 Mile - CO - Sub 24 hours

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Purdey

Self anointed title

8/20 Leadville 100 Mile - CO - Sub 24 hours

8/20 Leadville 100 Mile - CO - Sub 30 hours (cut off). Drink lots of beer. Enjoy myself. This race is a present to myself for my 40th birthday.

August 13th, Paavo Nurmi Marathon

Goal: TBA

Don't place 2nd to a 14 year old this time? Wink

Purdey

Self anointed title

August 13th, Paavo Nurmi Marathon

Goal: TBA

Don't place 2nd to a 14 year old this time? Wink

Ha!

Ha!

In my defense she didn't look 14  20 seconds in front of me, from the back.

MTA: who lets their 14 year old run a marathon?

Purdey

Self anointed title

In my defense she didn't look 14  from the back.

You know that won't hold up in court right?

In my defense she didn't look 14  20 seconds in front of me, from the back.

MTA: who lets their 14 year old run a marathon?

I hope to! 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Who knew Coke Zero burned coming out the nose?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The King of Beasts

some lessons you have to learn the hard way.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

I hope to! 

Not a good idea.

I'll take your word for it. 

Purdey

Self anointed title

14 is too young for many things.  Marathons are included in the list.  Probably best not to let them go beyond 5,000m at that age (assuming they have real talent - let them develop their speed - they will thank you for it later).  Endurance comes with age - speed does not.  I have visions of that poor Indian kid of about 5 who they made run a 50 miler. 

Good to know.  I should add that I have no intentions to push her into running at all.