3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Boston 2013 (Read 601 times)

Feeling the growl again

Just sick.  I'm hoping some of our people check in soon.  The clock said 4:09 so people like mbehr and BadDawg were long gone by then.

I know so many people there today I can't even make a complete list in my head.

MTA:  bhearn and Nemo have reported from the bar.  If I were them I'd tell the bartender to leave the bottle.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just seen this - people are fucked up. I hope its not as bad as it looks.

There are so many cameras at the finish.. Terrible.

Just seen this - people are fucked up. I hope its not as bad as it looks.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

people are fucked up. I hope its not as bad as it looks.

Yes, some people are freaking nuts.   And it does sound bad.

steph  

Ain't been here in a while, but hoping everyone from here is OK and that injuries are minimal Sad

My "real world" running group is going crazy right now.  Finally got confirmation for them--but I'm worried about my internet friends, too.

This is awful.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
              Emil Zatopek

kcam

Jeez.  So wrong.  Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected.

an amazing likeness

This is the latest list from the Masters group's (references to "here" are Masters group) list of runners.  In addition to MaineRunnah, Arlahile is also tbd.

bhearn - checked in at the 2000 group. he's okay.

WaltRB : checked in here.

Winejunky: checked in on FB

Tramps : checked in.okay.

TwoCat: checked in on FaceBook

Mainerunnah

willrunforbeer: checked in

jjchaney:  someone checked in for him that he is okay.

Rtravers  reported being OK on FB

PeterNC:  he checked in on FB.

predawnrunner: checked in

Ribs/Saint: checked in and okay

Denise: she's okay.

ileneforward:  i saw on FB that she is okay. and I assume FastForward is with her?

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Thanks MilkTruck.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Yes, some people are freaking nuts.   And it does sound bad.

My babysitter has a friend whose niece was running.  They got a call and she is in critical condition.  Her husband and two kids were supposed to watch her at the finish line, and nobody has heard from them yet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

My babysitter has a friend whose niece was running.  They got a call and she is in critical condition.  Her husband and two kids were supposed to watch her at the finish line, and nobody has heard from them yet.

OMG how horrible!  Will keep her in thoughts and prayers and hope her family is ok at least!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

I am at a loss for words.  Very sad.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I have a message in to goodman, but his phone did ping facebook within the past hour. He may have already been almost to the airport by then.

MTA:  Posting on facebook recently, he must be okay.

C-R

Sitting in the airport going to DC and the images on tv seem like some bad movie. I'm glad the RA contingent is safe. I was thinking that this stuff was left to the Olympics (72 and 96) but I guess there are no boundaries with these loons. Indy mini was quick to send out a safety message yesterday. I know I will be more vigilant in future races.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Both legs were amputated.  Her daughter on the sidelines would be dead if not for the quick help of those around in stopping the bleeding; her carotid artery was punctured. Disapprove