3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 Goals Summarized (Read 617 times)

We need to have three goals?

Damn.

If you'd be so kind as to force me to officially add "10K < 40:00," Happy, I'd appreciate it.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
    Emil Zatopek

Ryan, Nothing wrong with one goal or 10, I just have space for 3 that's all.

Sean, with a 20:30 5K, that marathon goal is looking soft just saying.

Space for three makes me feel pressured for three--in the good way.  It'll actually get my ass to do 10Ks are tune-ups, which is a good thing.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
        Emil Zatopek

Seanv2

I know, but I've had such awful luck at the marathon distance that I don't want to jinx it. 

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Right now, I have two goals:

1) 5k sub-16:45

2) HM sub-78

Thanks HappyFeet, this looks like fun.

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

Kalsarikännit

Whoa, whoa, whoa. HF, are you trying to kill me? I think I said a Mara around 3:12. I don't know about sub. Let's say a marathon below 3:15. That's already some kind of world record, right?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Let's say a marathon below 3:15. That's already some kind of world record, right?

Yes, I think it is, depending on which costume you wear.

HF: Why don't you alphabetize that table? (You said you were looking for suggestions for more work for you, right?)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I plan to alphabetize once 2013 is here, when everybody has declared( most of them anyway)

wrigley,  seven seconds a mile, nothing to it

Goal 1: Marathon <2:37

Goal 2: 5k < 16

Goal 3: HM PR (<1:16:50)

HF, looks like you skipped over this one.  Please add to the list.

Village people

So far,Ihave just a mileage goal. 2000 miles.

Rocken, 20 min 5k onthe water or erg? Wow!

So far,Ihave just a mileage goal. 2000 miles.

Rocken, 20 min 5k onthe water or erg? Wow!

erg would love to due water but not possible for awhile. Now if I still lived in Ballard Was it would be on water

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

DoppleBock

Funny - It has been a few weeks and my goals are the same -

< 3 hour marathon

Short distance PRs

Finish a 100

Run less

run faster

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

2013 Training and Racing Goals

3650 miles running /2 (#1)

3500 miles biking

150 miles swimming

Sub 21 min 5k (#2)

Double digit HM (<99:59) (#3)

Sub 3:40 Marathon (if I run one, still on the fence)

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Ostrich runner

This year I'd like to get younger. I'm still young enough that I could be younger feeling and looking than I am now a few years from now. I think I'll start with drinking less, weighing less, some bloodwork, a sleep study, core workouts, eating better, and running more. My work and life load isn't going to lighten for at least another couple years, and if I don't find some better habits and life efficiency, those things won't happen. Maybe I'm finally becoming an adult or some shit...realizing that more discipline is what will keep me young, not less. I'll give it some serious thought once I finish this fridge full of beer.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

theyapper

On the road again...

G1: sub 4 marathon

G2: 10k PR

G3: Do an ultra

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul