3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January 2015 Racing Thread (Read 27 times)

I'll take this one as I'm going to have a run out this Saturday.

Honourable mention: WhoDatrunner 26:27 BS 5k.

Name Date Distance Race Location Goal Result  Comments
    Roth Runner 1/17 5k Dulwich parkrun London, UK 16:45  16:39 2nd OA
    Ntown Kevin 1/25 5M Winter Wonderland Milford, CT 28:00  28:25 Faster than last year
    C-R 1/24 2 mile Midwest Region USATF Indoor 3k Midwest 11:30 11:43 Went out a little easy
    Spaniel 1/24 5k Blame Spaniel 5K #1 Chez Spaniel 16:38 16:41.5 Awesome solo effort

Ntown Kevin

1/25

5M

Winter Wonderland

Milford, CT

Ran a pretty good indoor mile earlier this month, so I know there's still some speed in me. As long as the conditions are half decent (as opposed to last year's cold snowy mess) think I have a good shot at 28 mins. It is January though, so prepared for cold snowy mess again.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

16:39 for me today for second. Reasonably happy given I've been a bit up and down recently and still have some Christmas tub to lose.  Very even pace, just didn't have the engine today to attack the last 3rd to keep up with 1st who came in at 16:29.

16:39 for me today for second. Reasonably happy given I've been a bit up and down recently and still have some Christmas tub to lose.  Very even pace, just didn't have the engine today to attack the last 3rd to keep up with 1st who came in at 16:29.

Good effort out there, especially considering you're keeping the mileage up.  When's the next race?

Cheers.  My next one is a 10k on the 1st of February.  Then I will have another attack on the 5k 2 weeks later with a PR in mind.  Have you get any races lined up in the near future?

Cheers.  My next one is a 10k on the 1st of February.  Then I will have another attack on the 5k 2 weeks later with a PR in mind.  Have you get any races lined up in the near future?

Sounds like you have the next month planned out.  No specific races in mind on my end.  Was thinking of a 4-miler in Iowa on Feb 7, but with having to be back home early that day, that probably won't work.  Was looking at a 5k in March but we're going to sign up as a family and I'll be pacing the 8 yo.  So I guess there is no real plan to knock on that sub-16 door anytime soon.  Planning on keeping at it and see where things end up in the Spring.

Jesssh RR. That's blazing fast for Jan.

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Dang man.  Way to set the Hurtlocker 5K bar.

It may be time for a Blame Spaniel 5K installment...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

1/24 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #1 - 16:38

I don't think I'm that fast yet, and I'm still adjusting to "high" mileage again, but I'm a competitive blockhead and the bar has been set.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

1/24 - spaniel - Blame Spaniel 5K #1 - 16:38

I don't think I'm that fast yet, and I'm still adjusting to "high" mileage again, but I'm a competitive blockhead and the bar has been set.

Where are you doing this at?

C-R

Nice Roth.

1/24 - Midwest Region USATF Indoor 3k - 11:30.

Taking a shot.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Where are you doing this at?

Local high school track.  Even 2 mile warmup from the house.

Local high school track.  Even 2 mile warmup from the house.

Nice. Wish our local schools would leave the track open. We pay enough in taxes!  There are three in our school district and they keep them all locked.  I suppose they want to keep the football field in pristine shape.

Feeling the growl again

Nice. Wish our local schools would leave the track open. We pay enough in taxes!  There are three in our school district and they keep them all locked.  I suppose they want to keep the football field in pristine shape.

Once in awhile they lock the main gate.  But in 7 years the side access gate on turn 1 has always been open.  Benefits of a rural district.

I lived in the north Chicago suburbs for 3 months.  Either the districts locked the tracks, or some blowhard would come over and kick me off/lock the track while I was doing an interval workout.  It got old.

Around here, they have no reason to lock them up.  In some places I can understand it because idiots are on there with their bikes/rollerblades if they do not.

C-R

Nice Roth.

1/24 - Midwest Region USATF Indoor 3k - 11:30.

Taking a shot.

Nope  11:43. Went out too easy

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/