3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2013 Racing Thread (Read 72 times)

Feeling the growl again

Dang!  Sad   I'll try to re qualify, so maybe in 2014!?

Anything is possible.  I HAVE to run one more good one, I can't leave it with the 2011 fiasco being my last one...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

4/20 -- spaniel -- Indiana 100 50-miler -- 6:20; finish, damnit.

Bam.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Bam.

My crew committed before I did....so I have to put on my big girl panties now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My crew committed before I did....so I have to put on my big girl panties now.

Big boy pants will suffice Wink

steph  

bhearn

4/15 bhearn     Boston Marathon      2:55

4/28 bhearn     Big Sur Marathon      have fun

2:55 is starting to look not very likely, but I'll leave it out there for now.

flarunner

4/14   flarunner   Iron Girl Half Marathon   Clearwater, FL   don't know yet

Large well known New England marathon type race.

Same event for me.

Goal is to average less than 6 min/mile, so that would put me around <2:37.

DoppleBock

4/5 Dopplebock - Fools 5k

4/15 Dopplebock - Boston

How the hell can I set goals now ?  Who knows what shape I will be in 10 weeks.

But realistically I will be happy to run the 5k in 18:36 and Boston < 3:00

If I happen to want to sharpen those goals before the actual races, I will let you know.  Currently I am a fair way away from that fitness

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

4/7- Parklife - Sactown 10, Sac. CA- <59:30 (PR)

And no.. I'm not stalking you Ken.. Smile

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land

#artbydmcbride

4/15 Ileneforward  26.2 miles    Boston Marathon      4:20:01

add 4/6 Ileneforward - Hollywood half marathon    2:04:00

Runners run

kcam

4/7- Parklife - Sactown 10, Sac. CA- <59:30 (PR)

And no.. I'm not stalking you Ken.. Smile

Nice!  Sactown's FAST - be ready to get that PR!  I've run it both years they've had it.  Lots of the best NorCal runners will be there so you won't be in no-man's land like you were at Davis.      We should say hullo at the race, that way I can throw a rope around you and you can tow me into that sub 60!

Nice!  Sactown's FAST - be ready to get that PR!  I've run it both years they've had it.  Lots of the best NorCal runners will be there so you won't be in no-man's land like you were at Davis.      We should say hullo at the race, that way I can throw a rope around you and you can tow me into that sub 60!

Shame this isn't a week earlier as I am over in the US and in Sacramento/Napa/SF area the previous weekend and I'd love to get a local race in.

If you can put me down for the London Marathon, London UK on the 4/21, goal sub 2:40:00

C-R

4-6 500 festival Training Series Indy - 15k <1:03 New goal 1:00 flat.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Your goal in March is for a 40 minute 10k and then you go to a 63 minute 15k ~ Unless this is a much harder course - I have to call your goal weakness out!

With more time to train between - anything > 1:01:30 looks weak to me.

4-6 500 festival Training Series Indy - 15k <1:03

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Your goal in March is for a 40 minute 10k and then you go to a 63 minute 15k ~ Unless this is a much harder course - I have to call your goal weakness out!

With more time to train between - anything > 1:01:30 looks weak to me.

Damn it all. Can't a man sandbag around here? Of course you are correct. Time to put on the big boy pants.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/