3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2013 Racing Thread (Read 72 times)

flarunner

Okey doke, new goals:

Sub 1:42

Don't die in the heat, in the humidity or on the hills.

I didn't die, but boy I sure slowed down. Lots of wind. Of course as we're going up the bridges. Still I'm thankful that I was able to run it and not get injured and I'm really thankful it's over with.

1:41:49

OA: 21/1256 - women's only race

AG: 1/115 -  1st overall GM

flarunner

I'm really glad to read this.

Posted a 37:28.  I'll take that and be ok with it. Bad leg held up well.

I didn't die, but boy I sure slowed down. Lots of wind. Of course as we're going up the bridges. Still I'm thankful that I was able to run it and not get injured and I'm really thankful it's over with.

1:41:49

OA: 21/1256 - women's only race

AG: 1/115 -  1st overall GM

Nice age group win!

kcam

Congrats Tony, Clive, MT and flarunner - way to get out and compete!

As I'm finally back in the Midwest and getting through the backlog of stuff to follow-up on at work, I'm still at a loss on how to put the weekend events into words.  What started out as a great sight-seeing trip and a great FIRST Boston Marathon experience quickly got deflated with the events that transpired.  The times, the results, the comparisons to goals, etc. all seem insignificant right now.  My thoughts are with those innocent people on the sidelines that were cheering and making the Boston Marathon what it is- an energy filled event.

If you want to read more on how some of the (running) things went, they're in my log.  The times, splits, etc.  Feel free to take a peek.

SPANIEL -- 4/20 -- Carmel Marathon (Carmel IN) -- <2:50

Big grin

Go big, Captain Spontaneous!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

bhearn

Well, this is not gonna happen. Not sure yet what I will be pacing for, but it won't be that. The hamstring/adductor has totally shut down my speedwork this training cycle.

Ran 2:58:14, which I'm very happy with. A 24-second PR. One of these days I'll get < 2:55.

bhearn

4/28 bhearn     Big Sur Marathon      have fun

Let's say 3:10 for Big Sur. Might not make it, but I think that's what I'll pace for. Last year I ran 3:12, after taking it easy at Boston.

April 28th - Chicago - Ravenswood 5k - Goal is Sub-18 but will be happy with anything under 6 flat pace.

This will be my first race effort in quite awhile.  Good luck to this weekends racers.

Feeling the growl again

Ran 2:58:14, which I'm very happy with. A 24-second PR. One of these days I'll get < 2:55.

That is really impressive considering the training limitations you had.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

SPANIEL -- 4/20 -- Carmel Marathon (Carmel IN) -- <2:50

Big grin

Go big, Captain Spontaneous!

I think that was a first....let's go big and drop that to 2:47.  Wink

MTA:  I will be using brand new, never ran in shoes too.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

I think that was a first....let's go big and drop that to 2:47.  Wink

MTA:  I will be using brand new, never ran in shoes too.

DNF around mile 10; my injury is no better, it just moved over to the other hip.  ~63 minutes on course, then another hour walk/limping the 4 miles back to the finish.  Not at all what I expected, it was downhill from only 3 miles in at an easy pace.

I'll stop now before I start whining.  I need to buckle down and re-double my efforts to figure this thing out.

Bummer. I hope those hips get better. Take care of them. At least you were smart enough to DNF.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

bhearn

Damn. Sorry, spaniel.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well crap!  Sorry, spaniel.   I hope that you are able to get it sorted out soon!

steph