3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August 2013 Racing Thread (Read 46 times)

an amazing likeness

I'll take on one of these. You all know what to do and how to do it.  Updates posted on Thursday & Sunday.

Date Runner Race / Event Dist Where is it Goal Result Notes
    8/3 xhristopher  Beach to Beacon 10K  Cape Elizabeth, ME  <38:00  38:04 Couldn't hit race mode switch. 186OA!
    8/3 kencamet Mile on the Track 1 mi Saratoga, CA <5:24  5:35.3 Oddly wet track. Lead wire-to-wire.
    8/3 WhoDatRunner Eagle Creek Trail HM 13.1m Indianapolis, IN <2:20 2:39 Tough course: wet, muddy. Fun.
    8/4 Greg C High Street Mile 1 mi Newburyport, MA <5:30  5:31.8 Not as miserable as expected.
    8/8 kencamet LGAC Meet 1500m Los Gator, CA <5:00   To heck with the short stuff
    817 CliveF News & Sentinel Half 13.1m Parkersburg, WV 1:35   Life, & 24 hrs of Lemons happens
    8/15 MilkTruck

Harvard Pilgrim Corp Challenge

5K Portland, ME

PR 

22:28 fail
    8/17 flatfooter

Marquette 50 Mile

Trail Run 

51 mi Marquette

8:00

1-5OA

9:58 2nd OA 
    8/18 MilkTruck

Westport Island Shore Run

10K Westport Island ME

48:40

49:07  
    8/23 NaderAlfie

Self-Transcendence

Marathon

26.2m Congers, NY <3:10  ? BQ attempt!
    8/24 kencamet Race for the Arts 5K Sacramento, CA <18:00    
    8/24 Roth Runner Herne Hill Harriers Club Champs 10,000m  Tooting, London UK <34:00 34:31 PR!
    8/25 rockenmamaof5 Hilly half 13.1 mi     2:02:19 So effing strong...

[When posting results, helping me out by leading your message off a "Result" keyword would be kind.]

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

flarunner

xhristopher

Hey, MT. You coming down to run the Friends of Reading Rec 5K this July? That goes for the rest of you folks too.

http://www.forr5k.org/

(sorry no active link from the phone)

an amazing likeness

Um.. there's already a July thread started.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/forum/4594400609564473a6e2718121ecc097/resume#focus

Oh.

Thanks for catching that.

I'll change this one to August (and then probably forget about it...)

xhristopher

Oh.

Thanks for catching that.

I'll change this one to August (and then probably forget about it...)

Well, in that case put me down for beach to beacon > right now sub 38...

an amazing likeness

Hey, MT. You coming down to run the Friends of Reading Rec 5K this July? That goes for the rest of you folks too.

http://www.forr5k.org/

(sorry no active link from the phone)

Actually...hadn't ever considered it until now. I'm not exactly a stellar 5K jogger, but hmmm.

AUG17 CliveF News & Sentinel HM HM Parkersburg WV  1:35?   Hot-n-hilly, but no banjos!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

AUG17 CliveF News & Sentinel HM HM Parkersburg WV  1:35?   Hot-n-hilly, but no banjos!

Interestingly enough....Parkersbug WV is my hometown from way back when the earth's crust was still forming....

So come on out!

I have a feeling the earth's crust is gonna be fairly hot on race-day, too. Dead

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

Hey MT, add the following to Aug:

Aug 3   kencamet  Mile on the Track  1 mile    Saratoga, Ca      <5:24

Aug 8   kencamet  LGAC Meet           1500m   Los Gatos, Ca    <5:00

Aug 24 kencamet  Race for the Arts  5km       Sacramento, Ca <18:00

Aug 23  Self-Transcendence Marathon  26.2 miles    Congers, New York   <3:10

I am running this as my last shot to qualify for Boston 2014.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Aug 3 - WhoDatRunner - Eagle Creek Trail HM - 13.1 mi - Indianapolis, IN - <2:20

This will be more for fun than trying to race, so I could end up even slower.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Scratch.  I'm tied up the weekend before (24-hour car racing event), my kid starts school on the 19th, and I've got a work-related trip on the 20th-22nd.

-- Dick LeBeau

After much hemming and hawing about a race that is not a goal race but not a trivial distance/terrain, put me down for Marquette trail 50 mile (actually 51 miles) on  August 17th.  It appears there is a decent amount of technical climbing/bombing involved so let's hope for no broken bones in the process.  Time goal >8:00.  Place goal - top 5.

xhristopher

MT, Do you have any reccomendations for family viewing on the course at B2B? We are staying in Scarborough and I'm trying to figure this out. If I found a place for them to watch ideally it would be a less crowded stretch, have parking, and have a decent surface for a wheelchair. Being a super crouded point to point race, it's tricky and that's probably too much to ask for.

Options are do the round trip w/ shuttles from Hannafords corporate in Scarborough. Ride my bike to the bike lot (new for this year but they haven't given shuttle info) then ride it back to Scarborough when done. Or something else incorporating the family car since they will be driving. Unfortunately I think I'll have to run with my phone so I'd stand a chance of finding them after.

Part of me feels it will be a huge parking lot and just figuring things out with my bike would be most efficient. Fortunately I've planned the bulk of the trip around things other than running. I'm thinking this will be one of those races I do just once.