3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Ready for this?! (Read 345 times)

10 days until Ironman. 

I checked the 10 day forecast, did my easy run, read the FAQs on the race website, checked race times, analyzed my training log, thought about worst case/best case scenarios, figured times, watched a video, realized it's been 2 years since I ran a marathon, trying to relax now and just know that the training is done. 

Ok, so that was a lot of rambling... here's a video.  Be motivated.

http://youtu.be/jnqpYKx8Fvk

C-R

No tweaks. Just ease into it.

Swim, bike and run hard and leave it on the field. All you can do.

Looking forward to hearing the results.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Tweak.

As you've shared here, you've done solid training.  You are ready, and we're looking forward to the report afterwards.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

GO TONY!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

It wouldn't hurt to check the weather forecast again.  Just to be sure.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Do you realize in the last 3 months (excluding Oct), you have biked 1,786 miles, ran 339 miles and swam 46 miles!  Your training is solid and you have definitely put in the time.  Double and triple check to ensure your food and liquids are ready.  Good luck, have fun and we'll be looking forward to hearing how you put a hurt on the IM as you finish in less than 12 hr!

Do you realize in the last 3 months (excluding Oct), you have biked 1,786 miles, ran 339 miles and swam 46 miles!  Your training is solid and you have definitely put in the time.  Double and triple check to ensure your food and liquids are ready.  Good luck, have fun and we'll be looking forward to hearing how you put a hurt on the IM as you finish in less than 12 hr!

Thanks Mike!  This is by far the biggest race I've ever done, but I do feel trained for it. We will see what the day brings.

Thanks C-R, Spaniel, Nader, Clive (I did check the weather again)!  Hope to have a good report after the race!  

Race well Tony!  You'll have an awesome one I'm sure.  

Prince of Fatness

Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

Can't wait for the race report. 

I've been tracking your log on occasion, and it seems like you are prepared and ready.

Enjoy every minute of it!

(I hope you enjoyed every minute of training so far).

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Can't wait for the race report. 

I've been tracking your log on occasion, and it seems like you are prepared and ready.

Enjoy every minute of it!

+1 and +1

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good luck Tony! You Ironmen and Ultra runners are insane.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

good luck TP!

Thanks everyone!

KerCan - I've enjoyed most of the training, though I'm really ready for the race to happen now.  One training day in particular that I DIDN'T enjoy was the day I did 110 miles on the bike and started feeling not so good at mile 80, leading up to a spectacular throwup at mile 4.8 of 5 on the run.  I figured out that the regular Thermotabs from Walmart really aren't the same as the endurolytes. 

Rabutler - I probably qualify for the "insane" part.  Hopefully before midnight the 29th, I'll have the "ironman" part down too.