3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August '14 racing (Read 33 times)

C-R

Post em

Name Date Race Location Distance Goal Result
    CR 8/2 Carmel 5k for Haiti Carmel IN 5k <19  19:15
    CR - Jr 8/2 Carmel 5k for Haiti Carmel IN 5k <19  18:44
    WhoDatRunner 8/2 Eagle Creek Trail HM Indy, IN 13.1 <2:30  2:40
    Roth Runner 8/3 Vanguard Way Marathon Surrey, UK 26.2 90% effort training run  1OA
    CR 8/7 Merrell 5k Carmel, IN 5k <19  19:11
    KellyDodge 8/22  Nevada Miles Reno NV 1 mile 5:15  5:11
    Parklife 8/23 Race for the Arts Sacramento, CA 5k <16:30  16:38
    GregC 8/23 Reykjavik Marathon Reykjavik, Iceland 26.2 <3:07:46  3:23:47
    milktruck 8/27 Westport Island Shore Run Westport Island, ME 10k <49:00  48:01
    KellyDodge 8/29 Natures Bakery Nevada Twilight Cross Country Meet Sparks NV 6000m+ <DFL  Nope
    Ntown Kevin 8/30 Newtown Road Race Newtown, CT 5K <16:47  16:53

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Post em

8/2 CR Haiti 5k Carmel IN <19

8/2 CR Jr Haiti 5k Carmel IN <19

Hell yeah.  Wish I could be there to watch this.  Having won the race before...given this year's weather....you both have a great shot at it.  Quick course, a few turns but not awful.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Date: 8/29

Race: Natures Bakery Nevada Twilight Cross Country Meet

Distance: 4000m

Goal <14:30

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

8/30

Ntown Kevin

Newtown Road Race

Newtown, CT

<16:47

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

8/30

Ntown Kevin

Newtown Road Race

Newtown, CT

<16:47

Almost a full month to think how you're going to take down that PR!   Will there at least be some good competition to push/pull you along?

Almost a full month to think how you're going to take down that PR!   Will there at least be some good competition to push/pull you along?

I hope so. I know I can count on at least one fast guy - who will probably trounce me by a good minute. Kind of hoping that another guy shows up - but I think he may be in marathon mode at that point, and maybe some XC kids will use it as a start of season trial...will have to see. I've been running on this course pretty much every weekend, learning its little tweaks - probably obsessing a bit. Looking forward to it.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm running a trail HM Saturday. I'm treating it more as a training run than a race, but I'll shoot for 2:30. I ran it last year in 2:39 and haven't run an HM since then. My longest runs since that race have been a 12 miler last weekend and a 10 miler the previous weekend.

Name Date Race Location Distance Goal Result
                WhoDatRunner  8/2 Eagle Creek Trail HM  Indianapolis, IN  13.1 miles 2:30:00   

It could be a bit muddy, so it should be fun.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Parklife

8/23

Race for the Arts

Sacramento, CA

<16:51*

Have not signed up, but there is a good chance I will be able to run this one.

*Reserving the right to lower my goal time based on workouts in August.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

kcam

Parklife

8/23

Race for the Arts

Sacramento, CA

<16:51*

Have not signed up, but there is a good chance I will be able to run this one.

*Reserving the right to lower my goal time based on workouts in August.

Nice!!  I've run that one twice and I might go back this year too but don't sign me up yet cuz I got issues.  Very flat, fast, certified course (my PR was set there two years ago) but at your level there may not be many to run with.  You might just have to win it.

For sure I'll be racing in Sac that morning, though.  Either Race for the Arts or the Rebels XC 6K Challenge (Ancil Hoffman park).  Most likely the XC race.  I've raced this one before too and it's fun - they've got hay bales set up that you have to jump and two years ago pretty much everyone got stung by some bees that got disturbed by the idiots running past their hive.  Big fun!

Good Luck Saturday CR & CR Jr!

8/3

Roth Runner

Vanguard Way Marathon

Surrey, UK

90% effort training run

Hilly, Trail marathon which I'm going to use as training, so not time goals, should be a fun event and the weather looks a bit cooler which is good.

Nice!!  I've run that one twice and I might go back this year too but don't sign me up yet cuz I got issues.  Very flat, fast, certified course (my PR was set there two years ago) but at your level there may not be many to run with.  You might just have to win it.

Dude.. we all got issues!

Historically its been a fast race (sub-16 for the winner). Just last year was slow for some reason.

I would love to do Ancil Hoffman instead, but I cant get out of bed that early to drive over there. The Arts race is in my backyard.

Kevin, too bad your on the other side of the country! Ever dream of moving some place that is unbearably hot?

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

kcam

Dude.. we all got issues!

Historically its been a fast race (sub-16 for the winner). Just last year was slow for some reason.

I would love to do Ancil Hoffman instead, but I cant get out of bed that early to drive over there. The Arts race is in my backyard.

Kevin, too bad your on the other side of the country! Ever dream of moving some place that is unbearably hot?

Don't you know it, brutha!

You can't get out of bed 'that early' to drive over there??!!!  You kiddin' me?  I'm probably going to be driving up there from San Jose for that race ... I'll be getting up at about 6AM to get there in time for some warmup and the 9:45AM start!

My theory on why it was slow last year, and might be slow this year as well, is because the PA-USATF XC race at Ancil Hoffman siphons away all of the local-to-Sacramento USATF fast guys.  Last year Hoffman was also on the same date as Race for the Arts.  River City Rebels puts on the Hoffman race so you know they'll be attending and keying on it.  Won't be very many Rebels, or Chips for that matter, at RFA this year is my guess.

Just a dude.

Don't you know it, brutha!

You can't get out of bed 'that early' to drive over there??!!!  You kiddin' me?  I'm probably going to be driving up there from San Jose for that race ... I'll be getting up at about 6AM to get there in time for some warmup and the 9:45AM start!

My theory on why it was slow last year, and might be slow this year as well, is because the PA-USATF XC race at Ancil Hoffman siphons away all of the local-to-Sacramento USATF fast guys.  Last year Hoffman was also on the same date as Race for the Arts.  River City Rebels puts on the Hoffman race so you know they'll be attending and keying on it.  Won't be very many Rebels, or Chips for that matter, at RFA this year is my guess.

I might try come down to this race too. It is about a 3 hour drive for me I think, but the idea of racing at low altitude is interesting.

I have a conflict that morning, but maybe I can get out of it. Would be nice to actually meet someone from the boards...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

And leave these hills and nasty winters?! Never.

But yeah, sounds like we'd make a good race.

kcam

Kelly - Which race?  Race for the Arts (5K, flat, fast, certified road course) or Ancil Hoffman (6K XC - fun)?

Ben:  In case you didn't know ... the Open race for Hoffman is at 10:30AM!!!  You can't get up to make that time? LOL!  Masters race is 9:45AM, so I'd be available to heckle and demoralize you as much as possible as you pass by.  FYI -  XC schedule here

Good luck to all the August racers.