3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October 2013 Racing Thread (Read 57 times)

Yeah, I'll take two of these. Smile

We're getting into prime fall racing season here -- excitement!  And last-ditch BQ efforts for registration opens -- drama!

You know the drill. Call shots only at this bar.

Who Date Event Distance Where Goal Result Comments
    Patrick C-R OCT05 State Mid. Sch. XC Champs 3km Carmel IN 11:48 12:05 Sloppy ground
    flatfooter OCT 05 Oil Creek 100 100mi Titusville PA Sub-20h DNF@62 HOT-HOT-HOT
    Ileneforward OCT05 Chapman 5km Orange CA 26:00    
    WhoDatRunner OCT05 Wine at the Line 5mi Bargersville IN Besotted. 49:48 BAC=???
    Ileneforward OCT06 Santa Monica 5000m Santa Monica CA 25:00    
    Milktruck OCT06 Maine 13.1mi Portland ME sub-1:41 1:38:54 MF'ing neg. split
    TeaOlive OCT06 FATS Trail 50km North Augusta SC 7:00 6:05:59 Makin' it look easy
    EricRuns OCT12 FSU invit. Pre-State 5km Tallahassee FL 15:39 15:31, 14STATE Yeah, baby!
    Roth Runner OCT12 Surrey Masters XC Champs. ~10km Richmond GB 36-ish 36:22 Get the legs turnin'
    Ileneforward OCT13 Long Beach 26.2mi Long Beach CA 4:20 4:57:47 That hurt.
    C-R OCT19 Indianapolis 13.1mi Well Indy IN sub-1:40 DNS Afraid of rain
    kencamet OCT20 Humboldt-Redwoods HM 13.1mi Arcata CA sub-1:24 1:23:59 Reality sucks.
    rockenmamaof5 OCT20 The Blue and the Grey 13.1mi Gettysburg PA sub-1:47 1:50:36 Wrong turn 'n' stuff
    xhristopher OCT20 Baystate 13.1mi Lowell MA sub-1:23 1:22:30 Woof!
    Greg C OCT26 Ghost Train Trail Race 100mi Milford NH sub-24hr 23:05:00 virgin sacrifice
    EricRuns OCT26 3A Dist. 2 Meet 5km Tallahassee FL 15:29 16:07, 3OA! Seeking a top 3!
    TeaOlive OCT 26 24 The Hard Way 24hr Oklahoma City OK 100mi 83mi PR and fun.
    Gville Kevin OCT27 Kent Pumpkin Run 5mi Kent CT sub-29 28:22, 6OA Keepin' fast company
    Ileneforward OCT27 Surf City Beach Derby 10mi Huntington Beach CA 1:30    

Milktruck

OCT27 Great Pumpkin 10km Saco ME 90% effort 45:06 5 sec PR. WTH?

kencamet

OCT27 Random 13.1mi Anytown, USA huh? 1:24:46 huh.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

#artbydmcbride

I may race a little in October.....

Ileneforward - 10/05  Chapman 5k    26:00  28:33

Ileneforward - 10/06  Santa Monica 5000     25:00  28:03

Ileneforward - 10/13  Long Beach Marathon    4:20:00  4:50:00

Ileneforward - 10/27  Beach Derby 10 mile    1:30

that is all I have registered for so far...

scratch the Derby 10 mile, I have to go to a wedding.  and adjust race times.  sciatic pain is back

Runners run

I may race a little in October.....

Ileneforward - 10/05  Chapman 5k    26:00

Ileneforward - 10/06  Santa Monica 5000     25:00

Ileneforward - 10/13  Long Beach Marathon    4:20:00

Ileneforward - 10/27  Beach Derby 10 mile    1:30

that is all I have registered for so far...

That's it?! Wink  You must have your race calendar planned out for the year...

Oil Creek 100M.  10/5 - goal = finish

#artbydmcbride

That's it?! Wink  You must have your race calendar planned out for the year...

I do go for the earlybird discounts.......Blush

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I do go for the earlybird discounts.......Blush

So do I, it's called happy hour.  Big grin

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive        10/06     FATS Trail 50K   North Augusta, SC  <7:30     Or at least not DNF as last year.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive    !0/26     24 The Hard Way     24hour      OKC, Oklahoma       100M

steph  

TeaOlive    !0/26     24 The Hard Way     24hour      OKC, Oklahoma       100M

Nice!!  Good luck!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks.

steph  

kcam

kencamet OCT 20 Humboldt-Redwoods HM
                        13.11 Arcata, CA 1:22    

me

Ghost Train Trail Races

Milford/Brookline NH

100 miles

10/26

<24 hours

This is my first stab at 100, so I'm hesitant to even put out a time goal. Hopefully I'll be a good chunk <24, but the old "I just want to finish" cliché is definitely true here.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Ostrich runner

I'm not going to be around this year, but next year the Indy folks should mount a German festival team.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Gettysburg Blue and the Grey Half marathon October 20th Gettysburg PA  Goal <1:47

Its 5 days before my elbow surgery so I figure racing a HM would be a good reason to take the next few weeks off/easy afterwards. My stomach still has issue's when I push the pace however I think I can manage to PR there. I've ran the course before,in fact it's the course that I got my current PR on.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Gville Kevin OCT 27 Kent Pumpkin Run 5mi Kent CT <29    

Competitive and classic new england local race. 37th year. Have always wanted to run it, but for some reason haven't yet. Usually draws some local sub-elite, and always draws Joe Lemay, so plenty of good guys to run with. Should be fast.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes