3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

August 2012 Racing Thread (Read 641 times)

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 8/9 -- some midnight 5K, Columbus, IN -- 16:40

No, I am not sandbagging, that's a legit goal right now.

DNS.  Was supposed to run this with a former teammate, who apparently convinced his brother to race.  Said brother decided he is too fat to run a 5K, so now we are all going to sit around and drink beer instead.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

DNS.  Was supposed to run this with a former teammate, who apparently convinced his brother to race.  Said brother decided he is too fat to run a 5K, so now we are all going to sit around and drink beer instead.

Alternate plan - beer mile with teammate and brother.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I won again Smile so did Ben, so it was another sweep by the Schneiders. I ran 3:10:12....3 mins faster than last year. He ran 2:34:50 It was a perfect weather day. That's my second fastest marathon...which is very encouraging considering it's crazy hilly and my training has been crappy lately. I should start training now...

Prince of Fatness

I won again Smile so did Ben, so it was another sweep by the Schneiders. I ran 3:10:12....3 mins faster than last year. He ran 2:34:50 It was a perfect weather day. That's my second fastest marathon...which is very encouraging considering it's crazy hilly and my training has been crappy lately. I should start training now...

Congrats to the Schneiders!

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes!  Congrats.

steph  

+2

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Go team Schneider!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

+3.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

nice running Schnieders

8/11/12

Upsala Heritage 5k

Upsala MN

Goal: Sub 23:00

DNS......plans changed late friday evening and we never made the trip to Upsala.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Thanks guys! Smile

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

8/25 - 15K Dino Trail Run Series - Southwestway Park Indianapolis, IN - 1:45:00

This course kicked my ass last year. The course has been changed this year so it's only twice up Mann Hill instead of three times. I'm hoping my goal is soft.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

8-26-12

Lakes Country Triathlon

Baxter MN

Swim = 0.5 mile

Bike = 17.0 miles

Run = 3.9 miles

Goal:

A) Sub 1:35:00

B) Top 25% 40-44 Male

This is the race in which I crashed my bike before the race even started and ended up in the emergency room with a head injury. This year there will be NO bike warmup ride, just a short run and swim warmup.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

So ... no pre-race head injury either?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

So ... no pre-race head injury either?

I think if I skip the head injury part, I'll have a better shot at getting both of my goals.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

8/25 - 15K Dino Trail Run Series - Southwestway Park Indianapolis, IN - 1:45:00

This course kicked my ass last year. The course has been changed this year so it's only twice up Mann Hill instead of three times. I'm hoping my goal is soft.

Time was 1:32:16.

A lot better than I thought I would do, although I'm still a bit disappointed. I was on pace for under 90 minutes, but I pushed a little too hard the second time up Mann Hill and killed my legs for the last 2 miles.

My nemesis: