3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Monthly Racing Threads (Read 599 times)

Feeling the growl again

I really enjoy following people on the monthly racing threads.  It's actually one of my favorite things to check on this site.

However, I feel that sometime around the new year/early spring when racing starts to pick up it is going to become a strain to update them.  I've already often been far behind the past couple months.

Would anyone want to volunteer to start and maintain some of them for next year?  If no one does I probably will anyway but they will likely not be as nice as I'll only update them a time or two each month.  They're really easier to do when you don't get behind on them...

Modified to put the list up top:

January - Nader

February - CR

March - spaniel

April - A1

May - A1

June - CR

July - spaniel

August - MrPHinNJ

September - mbehr

October - mbehr

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

How bout we alternate months and I can help.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'll take January. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

January - Nader

February - CR

March - spaniel

.....probably time to open all these up...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

The King of Beasts

I can do april and may

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Prince of Fatness

Ah WTF, give me August.  It's not every week like those ones I did in the Swamp so it shouldn't be that hard.

You still buy the beer for the winner, right?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

You still buy the beer for the winner, right?

I can continue to call the beer winner each month...and yes, it's always on me.  I'm still waiting and looking forward to someone cashing in.

Hah, look at MrPH lookin for the beer!

Like Spaniel, this has been one of my favorite threads to follow as well.  I would have been happy to take the ball for the year but looks like we're already up to September.  Put me down for Sep and Oct.  I was informed by my boss that I better keep Sep and Oct open for work as we'll be going into contract negotations with the Union then.  Should be interesting...  Aside from that, I better as hell be running more consistently by then. 

Feeling the growl again

Way to step up guys.  Thanks.

I can continue to call the beer winner each month...and yes, it's always on me.  I'm still waiting and looking forward to someone cashing in.

Big grin

Feeling the growl again

Big grin

If I owe you one, I have to make a couple more trips to Manhattan the first few months of 2012.

If I owe you one, I have to make a couple more trips to Manhattan the first few months of 2012.

You don't "owe" me. Haha.  Let me know when you'll be in town.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I can take November.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Nads, where you at?  It's almost time to start thinking about January. 

Not that I have anything lined up at this point.  I'm holding out for a 4-miler back in IA in the beginning of February.  Hopefully I'll find some speed by then.

A Saucy Wench

Nads, where you at?  It's almost time to start thinking about January. 

Not that I have anything lined up at this point.  I'm holding out for a 4-miler back in IA in the beginning of February.  Hopefully I'll find some speed by then.

I do.  I have a race in January.  With a goal and everything.   No speed, but a goal none the less.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7