10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

The week just gone (3 - 9 Jan, 2011) - Post mortem (Read 632 times)

Here in Oz, at the time of posting this, we're into a fresh week so is timely to post what happened last week (3 - 9 Jan, 2011).

Here are the stats for last week.   Remember, 70 km is the base line figure.   The top three being:

NameDistance ▼Time
    Amores Perros* 140.0 km  13:05:30
    L Train* 129.7 km  11:10:48
    flatfooter* 128.9 km  10:01:12

Some other stats; out of our 55 in the group, for this particular week, 28   29 ran greater than 70 km and a further 3 were betwwen 60 - 70 km for the week.   Obviously those not exceeding 70 km doesn't necessarily mean they are behind.

What went right?   What went wrong?    What's on the cards for this week?

ps.   I realise that some still have to update their logs so the above figures could change.   If need be, I'll modify this post.

ps.  Those with privacy settings turned on aren't included in the above figures, by all means let us know your weekly stats and I'll modify the above.

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Unfortunately, I had an unexpected move to a new apartment. So unexpected that I ran 9 miles the first day I was moving. Needless to say I was very tired and decided it would be best to take a day off after three days of moving.

L Train

Thanks Steven.  Wriggly the Giant pretty much destroyed me though. 

Seems like I've posted this too soon, too many changes occurring,

Steve

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think, it's just one week -- some of us ran a lot more than we'll maintain (well, myself, at least), and probably some ran less -- but there's plenty of time to go.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I had a bad cold this week, so I took a few days off. I've still got a cold, but I feel much better than I did so I'm into my running again.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Seems like I've posted this too soon, too many changes occurring,

International date lines are tricky.

I'm just happy to have gotten in 51 miles this week (highest weekly total to date) and 56 for the month after only getting 62 for the entire month of December due to a Posterior Tibial tendon issue. I'll be keeping them all "easy" for at least the month of January to build up my base again and moniotr my PT tendon.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

#artbydmcbride

It went great for me.  I love running on Friday.  I plan to keep it up.

Runners run

What went right?   What went wrong?    What's on the cards for this week?

Rest day yesterday (Tuesday) was actually out on a photo reconnaissance (with a mate) down at Dromana to Cape Schanck, known as the Two Bays Trail Run, which is on this coming Sunday (16 Jan).   Here is a course map (which I've copied into the group's map section), it's a 28 / 56 km trail run.

Two hour drive there, many hours spent checking things out and a two hour drive home.   At the end of the day, just didn't feel like running.  

ps. A few from our group are running in this.

Steve

Three non running days in a row and it's now showing in this weeks running stats.   I'm about to fall off the first page with only 16.4 km to my name.   I've got k's in the bank so I'm still ahead of the bunny.

Steve

Three non running days in a row and it's now showing in this weeks running stats.   I'm about to fall off the first page with only 16.4 km to my name.   I've got k's in the bank so I'm still ahead of the bunny.

I'm now on the second page, better get and do some running.

Steve

I should catch the pace bunny this weekend. Now I've said that something is bound to go wrong :/