10 k a day or 3650 km for the year

The week just gone (24 - 30 Jan, 2011) - Post mortem (Read 368 times)

Here's the running stats for the week just gone (24 - 30 Jan, 2011).

I'm quite happy with my 87 km, keeps me ahead of the bunny.   I had planned to run some longer runs but other things got in the way.

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

104km this week and feeling pretty good (a bit tired at this second after today's long run). Hopefully a bit more in the coming week, but we'll have to see how my legs feel.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's not entirely over for us slowpokes (I mean, us on the slow end of the globe).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Hi,

My stats don't appear on the reports (always says 0km for me).

How do I set it up correctly?

Tongey

Hi,

My stats don't appear on the reports (always says 0km for me).

How do I set it up correctly?

Tongey

Go to Options, then My Log Preferances or click here.   Have a look at the 'Training Log Access' section, choose one of the last two options, that should do the trick.

Steve
            My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

jeffdonahue

Missed my goal mileage for the week by a little bit, but the workouts were pretty solid.  I hate this snow and we are getting more this week - it's just so dangerous out there.  And the people driving arent going any slower even though there's still snow on the ground and there are mountains of it on every corner so they cant see who or what is going to pop out of the next street.

Still got just over 50 miles in, but waiting for Spring when I can be more comfortable out there.

I got in 81 km this week, beginning to slowly reel in that coney. Let the speedwork slack as a result, but that's probably for the best at this juncture. Oh, and I finally got a Garmin. After running a couple of my regular routes, I've learned I'm a bad guestimator of distance.

I somehow made it in with a couple of miles to spare.  February isn't going to be so flexible with time and I already know of one week where I'll be way behind the weekly total.  Hopefully the cushioning I've built up (mileage, not adipose tissue) will mean the dingo doesn't leave me with too much work to do in order to get back in front or stay slightly in front.

However my mileage goal for this year was  1500-1750 miles, so this pace dingo shouldn't really be my major concern!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

However my mileage goal for this year was  1500-1750 miles, so this pace dingo shouldn't really be my major concern!

I'm not sure how to read this - 1500 miles is about 2400km, so you'll be way behind the dingo if that's what you run in the year. Or are you saying you're happy with 1500 miles so you don't care about keeping up with the dingo?

Yep, the second one.  My original goal for the year was 1500 miles, so although I do care about the dingo in this group, I should be satisfied with keeping ahead or in line with the bunny for the 1500 mile group. If I get over the 1500 then it's a bonus, and having the 10k a day dingo is certainly something to chase, but not something to get too upset about being overtaken by.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Got in a nice 83.7 miles for the week. Highest week in a long while.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm hanging in there and keeping ahead of that dingo. I don't want to be another Azaria.

I'm managing to keep up a fairly regular 100km/week as I try to build up some solid base fitness and I've got 80km in the bank now.

The 10km/day target in this group, and regular half-marathon length training runs in the 52 in 52 group are helping make sure I put my shoes on and get out the door - always the key part (along with not getting injured). 

Running - cheaper than therapy