50 States

The cost of running the 50 states (Read 27 times)

Arie2.0

Meat is Murder

I'd love to hear some of your ideas of how to control the cost of this endeavor. I've cover most of the close by states that I can drive to. Now it will have to be far away states. What do you do to control the costs?

Putin told me how to vote.

I've done a couple Saturday and Sunday states weekends, which requires extra driving and careful planning, but just it saves on flight.  I also have the help of my parents from time to time with airline tickets through their Visa points.  Another saving is planning with friends and splitting hotel/car rental.  Other than that, I have just accepted that I picked a somewhat costly hobby that will take quite a while to complete!   My husband has the spreadsheet to prove it.  He keeps track of it all. 

Michelle

Mike E

MM #5615

I have always wished that we could all get together and take care of runners coming into our hometowns.  You come for the Twin Cities Marathon and I pick you up at the airport, feed you a good pasta dinner, give you a place to sleep, take you to the start in the morning, take care of you at the finish, and drive you back to the airport.  When somebody comes to your hometown, you do the same for them.  I suppose it could be a bit dangerous letting strangers into your home, but there must be a way to work things out.  Just a thought.

I have done this.  Picked up friends from the airport,  opened up my home.  I've also stayed at the home of friends.   Always appreciated! Smile

I have always wished that we could all get together and take care of runners coming into our hometowns.  You come for the Twin Cities Marathon and I pick you up at the airport, feed you a good pasta dinner, give you a place to sleep, take you to the start in the morning, take care of you at the finish, and drive you back to the airport.  When somebody comes to your hometown, you do the same for them.  I suppose it could be a bit dangerous letting strangers into your home, but there must be a way to work things out.  Just a thought.

Michelle

Chantilly75

I've been looking at www.mainlymarathons.com. They offer 5 marathons in 5 states in 5 days.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica