50 States

2 marathons in one weekend? (Read 375 times)

Has anyone ever run a Saturday marathon in one start and traveled to another (nearby) state and ran that state on Sunday of the same weekend?

http://www.runningintheusa.com has a 50 stater's gadget that helps you to find a pair of states that run weekend marathons within miles of each other.

Just curious if anyone has experience doing this. I would like to try it.

I did two marathons two weekends in a row, but never two in one weekend!   I do have a marathon schedule out to the  year 2014 and it looks like I might have the chance to do two in a weekend at some point.

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm signed up for my first double, Bear Lake Utah/Idaho on Friday/Saturday June 10/11. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm signed up for my first double, Bear Lake Utah/Idaho on Friday/Saturday June 10/11. 

Wow!  That's exciting!  Do you have a time goal for either one or both?

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Whatever the cutoff is. Seriously, I'm going to sandbag it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016