50 and over 5k and beyond

December Runs and Workouts (Read 13 times)

justrundan

12/1, here we go.

On day 4 of my holiday streak, total 8.1 miles today split between the track, then a jog to the Baraboo Riverwalk for the rest.   Super slow, easy run, trying to keep heart rate below 130.  Difficult, I think due to still recovering from my respiratory infection and the coffee I had this morning.  I'm perfecting the shuffle!  Smile  Great weather for early December.

Good month to all!

Dan

PaintnRun

aka PaintingLady

Hi gang...hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. I started a running streak last week. It lasted 3 day, then I had a 2 day streak of misses. Sad It was for a good cause, entertaining family. So I started a December streak today w/ 8 miles in the beautiful sun at the local reservoir. My life is still crazy hectic, but whose isn't. I may not get to post everyday, but I will try to get in a run. Stay safe my mighty master friends.

Marie from Tennessee

Dumbo Double Dare!!!

adkkev

Hard to believe that it's actually December already!!  No run for me today ... occupied with other things today including the "We Will Rock You"  musical at Proctors in Schenectady - that was a pleasant & very enjoyable surprise of a show!

rmcj001

Dan - Nice 8.1!  Hope the respiratory infection clears soon.

Marie - Do what you can when you can and don't sweat it too much.

adkkev - Enjoy the rest day.

12.44 miles today with hills.  50+ miles for the week.  Leg is getting better slowly.

Ray

Crazy Diamond

May I hop on board?

2 miles recovery today, with a 4 day streak.  Ray - 50+ miles/week, I'd say your leg is getting better. Big grin  Well done!

Quo Vadis?

NH Runner

Hey, welcome to all the new folks jumping in, good to see everyone running so well.

7 mile railtrail run for me today.  Walk / jogged the 1st mile to warm up in 11:29, then ran mid 9's the rest of the way.    Nice weather day with dry air and temp in the low 40's.

PaintnRun

aka PaintingLady

A 5k run today.

Marie from Tennessee

Dumbo Double Dare!!!

Chantilly75

Hello, everyone!

Sat: 7 mile run.

Sun: work/rest day

Mon:  Was unable to make it to the brick workout. Hope to get there next week.  Walked 2 miles later on today. Started snowing tonight, calling for 4 inches of snow.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

justrundan

Ray, I agree with Debra, 50+ in a week is amazing, even more so if you're not feeling 100%!

Deb- sent you PM from the other forum just as it was closing.

Chantilly- nice run Saturday

Rich- that rail trail sounds nice; I bet it's a comfortable place to run.

Marie- that sounds like an amazing run!

3.5 miles this morning on day 5.  Found out I am able to use equipment in employee workout room at our hospital, so I'll probably try that tomorrow after work. Forecast is for cold rain in the morning.

Dan

adkkev

8 miles around town this evening ... felt pretty good but I was moving like molasses.

A warm welcome to Dan, Marie, and Debra!!

rmcj001

adkkev - molasses may move slow, but it moves!

Rich - which shoes?

Deb & Dan - It will be pretty cool when you hit 30 days in a row!  Keep it up!  The leg is improving slowly and most runs I hardly notice, but in the mornings...

Marie - You doing the holiday streak too?

Chantilly - I like snow, but gotta travel to find it...

7.3 miles today, went out nice and slow for first 4 miles and then sped up for each successive mile.  Made a conscious effort to slow down over the last 1/2 mile to preserve the leg a bit (damn strava).  Temps are supposed to be below average over the next couple of days.  No rain, but maybe a little chillier.  It has been really warm and dry so far...

Ray

Hi everyone!  Also getting on board here with Deb and Dan!

Haven't run for a WHOLE week due to tweaking left ankle.  Had just run 5.5 miles in snowy, breezy conditions (half paved/half dirt trail), including about a mile of short hills (X-country ski trails).  I still wanted to run more, about 2-3 miles.  It got cloudy so I was walking on dirt parking lot to drop off sunglasses in truck, and stepped into a hole, ouch!!  Being more of a trail runner in northern AZ, I guess FLAT terrain is unfamiliar territory to my poor ankles, here, in northern MN, LOL!!   So I gave it till Friday to try a couple of miles, still tender but so much better.  However, DH recommended strongly to let it heal thoroughly ........ he's right, I'm not patient but I understand so better safe than sorry.  Anyway, ankle has been in a ice wrap each day and wearing ankle support as well.  I swear I gained 10 lbs!  Sad  It snowed like crazy since Sunday night, and bitter cold.  Today it's about 20 degrees for a high, tons of snow, a bit breezy, not too bad Smile  Just got back from a 3 mile run  jog at "molasses" pace, tough in the snow covered road around the neighborhood (two loops), took a minute walk break after each 1/2 mile.  Gosh, it took forever to finish, whew!!  But it was so invigorating!!  R-I-C-E for rest of day!   I'm looking for some snowshoes to keep me conditioned during the winter months here in northern MN, BRRR!!  Leaning towards Crescent Moon ...........any thoughts?

Ray:  you're still amazing with piling on the mileage for the week!!  WOW!!

Deb:  how long are you planning for this streak?  WAY TO GO!!

Marie:  good for you on the 5K run and we miss you!  Glad you're doing well.

Chantilly:  stay warm!  Walking is such a good workout in winter, makes you walk faster Smile

Dan:  glad you're recovering from that respiratory infection!  Awesome on that determination to keep the streak going!!

adkkev

Welcome Az2mn!

I use MSR Denali snowshoes but then I don't use them for running ... just winter hiking in the Adirondacks.  I love snowshoeing because it gives me the opportunity to get into places that are usually tough to get into during the summer (too wet, swampy, etc.).  We also have x-country skiis but we haven't had the opportunity to use them as much as we'd like.

NH Runner

Tuesday, 12/3

Just a 30 minute session on the bike trainer this evening.   My legs are sore from the last two days of running, so I gave 'em a day... Wink   It feels good to get out and run steady again, finally.

Ray, I ran in Brooks Mach 14 racing flats the last couple of runs.   I've never had trouble running in this shoe so I've reverted back to it, at least for now.

Yes Dan, the railtrail's awesome.  I posted a picture back in October, I'll see if I can get it back up in here again.   Ok, here it is...

Chantilly75

justrundan do you have to run all of Dec. for your holiday running streak?

PaintnRun good luck on your running streak!

adkkev are you still running in the evening?

rmcj001 that strava data is pushing you a bit...

gito57 you're in the running streak, too?

az2mntrail hope your ankle gets better.

NH Runner hope your old shoes work out..seems promising.

8 miles run on the track. 1 mile walk.  Shovelled a bit of snow.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica