50 and over 5k and beyond

BAC Recipe (Read 12 times)

Jim's BAC - Big Ass Cookies Recipe

Recipe for BAC's (Big Ass Cookies)[Note- recipe actually called Amazing Cookies, I renamed them cuz they are big and you'll end up with a big Ass if you eat too many!!!]

3/4 pound butter, room temp (3 sticks or 1 ½ cups)

1 ½ Cup granulated sugar

1 ½ cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 eggs (all egg white (4) or 1 whole and 2 egg whites also works well)

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon cinnamon

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1 Tablespoon baking soda

3 C flour

2 C semi sweet choc chips (normally use Nestle Tollhouse)

3 C Old fashioned Oats

2C sweetened flaked coconut (Bakers is best, but Ive used Kroger too)

2 C well chopped pecans (big bags at Sams or Costco)

Beat butter until creamy, add sugars and beat well. Add vanilla and eggs, beat well. Add salt, cinnamon, baking powder and soda, stir (I beat) well. Add flour and stir well. Stir in oats, coconut, choc chips and pecans.

For each cookie place ¼ C of dough on cookie sheet, leaving plenty of space between. Bake 15 to 18 minute in preheated 350 degree oven until lightly browned. Cool slightly on baking sheet, then remove to cool on rack. Makes 36 to 40 big (ass) cookies.

Notes: You need a really BIG mixing bowl for this. (makes over a gallon of batter) I got a one at Sams. Recipe works well with other butters- light butter is ok, half and half butter/smart balance is good, and all smart balance is good too. "Sugar in the raw" is good for granulated sugar. I usually use 2 times the amount of vanilla and 3+ times the amount of cinnamon recipe calls for. Parchment paper works best when baking cookies in my opinion.

My mom gave me this recipe a long long time ago (she found it in newspaper). I've been making it for 10 + years and everyone seems to enjoy them.

MK Notes: Nutrition per cookie, assuming 40 cookies per batch:

Cal: 297

Pro: 3.3g.

Fat: 16g.

fiber: 2.5g.

Sugar: 23g.

Sodium: 245mg.*

Glycemic load: 22.4**

*If using self-rising flour, add 119 mg. sodium per cookie (or 4,764 mg per batch).  Every cup of whole wheat flour used in place of white flour adds 12 g. of fiber and lowers the glycemic load by 22 per batch.

** A healthy glycemic load is under 100 per day

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me