50 and over 5k and beyond

December Runs and Workouts (Read 17 times)

justrundan

Ray- that is so great that he could be surrounded by all his family!  not much worse than being alone in your last hours.  That's a real blessing for him and the family.  Nice that you could share the BQ with him.  Let yourself have the emotions as they come back to you, no point in stuffing them.  Take care buddy.

Dan

NH Runner

Ray... my condolences to you and your family.    It's awesome you got to share one of running's toughest challenges with your Dad, hang in there Bud...

Art in AZ

Ray - I also want to offer my condolences to you and your family.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

WDWRich

Ray - Condolences and prayers for you and the family.  When I lost my dad some years ago, it seemed a part of me was lost too.  I'm sure you're feeling that way too, but I'm also sure he's smiling down on you.

Rich

PRs:  9/1/2012 Disneyland 5K 27:08,  01/06/2013 Resolution 15K 1:30:17, 03/10/2013 San Diego HM 2:18:05, 04/19/2014 ACT! Today 10K  51:54

WDWRich

Got 8.4 miles on Sunday.  Yesterday, my daughter and I drove over to a local reservoir and ran the 5 mile path around it.  Was partly cloudy and 48 degrees at the start, but it was a scenic run and nice to get back as I haven't run there since last year.

Here is a view from the start/finish point:

A look out from the dam:

Rich

PRs:  9/1/2012 Disneyland 5K 27:08,  01/06/2013 Resolution 15K 1:30:17, 03/10/2013 San Diego HM 2:18:05, 04/19/2014 ACT! Today 10K  51:54

NH Runner

Tuesday, 12/30... 5 mile road run today.   22 degrees and windy, pace was mid 9:00's

Wednesday, 12/31... 30 minute ride on the tryke followed by a 3 mile railtrail jog with the dog.   Trail was rough, air at 22 degrees with little wind.

Rich... enjoyed the pictures.   Nice runs!

Fletch

Happy New Year's Eve!

Art - I still usually run with a gps, but more for logging the miles than for pacing. I still throw in a good Gump run occasionally, too.

WDW Rich - Nice pics. I run often around our local reservoir here, but it's not nearly that long...or that scenic!

NH Rich - Nice running and tryke riding. You're a little cooler there than we are here. Although it was 29 degrees this morning for our speed workout.

Tuesday - Strength training day, but I did manage a quick mile on the treadmill to warm up for the workout...and to keep the streak going.

Wednesday - 4.25 mile speed workout with the gang this morning. Flu bug around here knocked out several of our regulars. Only had about 12 show up today.

Holiday streak is still active at 35 days. Ended December with 114 miles.

Be safe if you are venturing out tonight for New Year's Eve.

Chantilly75

rmcj001 My sympathies to you and your family.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

sluggo

John

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, they were greatly appreciated.  Dad passed away last Monday with 9 of his 10 kids there in one form or another (2 were present by skype video).  Dad's body wore out and he truly wanted to be with Mom.  Funeral was today and with any luck running will get back on track.  It was nice that I could tell him that I had qualified for Boston, something he could appreciate and seemed to share my joy in the accomplishment.

Ray,

I am sorry to see that your Dad passed. It is a tough loss. I am, however, very happy that you got to be with him and share your Boston qualify info with him. That is really special.

John
                    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Chantilly75

WDWRich I enjoyed looking at your pictures.

NH Runner Sorry, I meant to write run and weights not run with weights.

Sim is doing well outside and doesn't mind the cold? It must have been pretty clear to go out on the tryke.

justrundan Nice run on the road for you.

az2mntrail Wow! You've got two trail races lined up already.  I'm still deciding on my calendar, depending upon the work/money issues.

Art in AZ Good luck to you for your race in Feb.

The mainlymarathons people run their 5 marathons in 5 days in 5 states on a short loop course in parks, so that no road closures are needed and only 1 aid station is necessary. The driving distance each day is less than 200 miles, so runners can get to the next state, check into their hotel and get some rest before the next morning. People can register for all 5 races or only one of them in a series. They give out medals and T shirts and official finishing times. They are fairly small low-key events.

Fletch_NC Nice Dec. mileage & congrats on the 5 Towns run...'way to hang in there!

Last 3 days off due to work.

16 miles this morning.

Total mileage for 2014=1901 miles.

Happy New Year to all.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Nana_

Happy New Year Everyone!

:-)

Art in AZ

Rich - Nice pictures. I can see running around that would be nice.

Fletch - How long do you think you'll keep the streak going? Nice job there.

Chantilly - Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense now. Run 5 marathons in 5 days. Ouch! Though it would be cool to do 5 events in 5 days. I would have to do shorter distances or train a lot more.

Was planning to run this morning to add some miles for the month. Woke up to cold, cloudy skies, light winds and light rain. So ended up skipping my last run of the year. Well tomorrow starts a new month and year.

Ended December with 142 miles and the year with 851 miles.

Signed up for a 10K that benefits AZ Disabled Sports and runs around the Cubs Spring training facility. Should be a good time.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

NH Runner

Thursday, 1/15... 5 mile railtrail run today.   In 10+ years of running the trail, I've never seen the footing as rough as it is now.    Splits were all over the place, but still ended up a decent workout... 11:49, 11:01, 11:33, 10:57 and 10:29.

Chantilly... got it on the weights.   I stopped every half mile during yesterday's run with Sim to give him a breather and make sure he was ok.    The cold doesn't seem to bother him, he's got lots of fur...lol   Impressive run yesterday and solid mileage for the year, WTG!

Hi Jo!

Art... nice mileage totals for you as well...