50 and over 5k and beyond

July Runs & Workouts (Read 16 times)

Chantilly75

az2mntrail Have fun at the Dragon Boat festival! Ours is at the end of the month. Too bad about the skeeters...I have a ton of dragonflies here now, so mosquitoes are a thing of the past. Sorry, I've never been to Philly, can't help you there.

justrundan nice that your weather has improved. Good mileage there.

rmcj001  Sounds like you have recovered from the marathon already!

7 miles outside at 6 AM.

Are we putting down monthly totals?  July=193 for me.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

13 miles with the group this morning.  Very nice out.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Sorry I started a conversation and then checked out! Work reduced my time to weekly posts and then to no posts. Caught up on July and very impressed with your training, trail runs and fun runs!! So sorry to read about all the heat and humidity!! Good job getting your runs in inspite of that! While most of you were suffering from humidity I was looking at very beautifully mild sunny weather from the inside of my office. Sad Kept promising myself evening runs but the heat went up every day and my energy went down. REally nice monthly mileage, all!!

Diana and Dan, I'd come for the DWD. Just the title is enough! I might run the 10k instead of the HM, especially if there's a time limit. it depends if I can get to the bottom of what's draining my energy.

Fletch - Thanks for your concern! Sad about the pizza fire! Think I will read Unbroken, also. Nice speed work! So sorry about FIL's troubles! I echo AZ's advice to take care of yourself and DW. "Just a bunch of runners, … .running down the middle of the street in the middle of the night!" <~~ ahhaha! Congratulations on your 100 mile months, especially getting July miles with all the troubles.

Chantilly - Thanks for your good wishes! So you're running 8 loops per mile on your track? Mine is 9x. It's not too bad the first couple of miles but 4 is the max I've been able to squeeze out without screaming. Then I'll jump on a treadmill. It's amazing how nice that feels after the track! For a little while. Chocolate pie always makes my feet feel better!! Nice 14 miler with admirers! So Sorry you are still having neuroma pain!! You are putting in some nice long runs! What is your September race?

Adkkev - Nice paddling!! Your bathroom remodel with wainscoting and shower doors sounds beautiful!!

Debra - Thanks!! 127 is a great goal but 5'9"? How did I not notice? I thought we were the same height. You must be excellent at hiding the fact that you're talking "down" to folks!! You are doing a Wonderful job sticking to your training!! I haven't completed a plan week yet! I'm blaming work stress for the compromises but I'm also having breathing problems. 12 mi in 2:19? Impressive!! Indoor track on a humid day? Yes please! Egotistical dog owner - bad karma!

Dan - Your trip with DW to the ravine at Devil's Lake sounded great!! Nice hiking and biking, too! Glad you are happy with your Cascadias! Great runs!!

Ray - Those are some great weekly total miles!! Having mile envy here! Can't wait to read about how well your race went! Congratulations on your PR and fantastic race time!! What an amazing experience; completing a full without walking is awesome! Sounds like the race was quite a struggle! That's SF for you! Nothing is flat!!

Rich - So sorry to hear of your stress fracture!! Not good! Don't beat yourself up over it! How would you have known too much was too much until it broke? Happy healing!

AZ - Wish DH Happy Birthday from me? Nice group run! I imagine there aren't too many women who can keep up with you on a trail? DD has running friends who recommend the Wissahickon Trail - http://www.yelp.com/biz/wissahickon-valley-trail-philadelphia . I wasn't a runner when I lived there and now I prefer running the streets to see all the things I miss. It's almost a rural city when you think of all the row houses as trees and streets as trails. There's plenty of root bumps in the sidewalks!!

Happy to read you are all still getting out! I've been tying up a seat for an hour here at my local breakfast spot for the free Wifi so I've gotta go. Will get back later.

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me  

I was trying to get in more miles by running more frequently; I was aiming for weekly totals above 30. It appears to have backfired. I shortened my runs (other than Sat's LSD) to add a fifth day and somehow managed one week 5x, 2 wks 4x and last wk only 3 runs. Life! 67.5 for July Sad !!

I "ran" the Midnight Madness portion on the in24 ultra in Philly. Aside from my frustration, it was a great urban ultra with folks camped out in tents on the grounds of one of the city's most popular tourist area. A sight to see!! The race bags had the best swag!! A pedometer, 4 reflective slap bracelets, terry sweat band, bracelets that said "what if everyone ran", tech shirt, munchies, soft pretzel and all the day-glo jewelry you could grab. Medal is really nice, too!! Race was gun timed. I didn't know so started 30 ft behind everyone fiddling w phone app. Face slapped, put phone in case and guessed at intervals. Calmed down knowing my stamina would take me past someone. Sure enough, there was a massive fall-back at mile 4 as I passed 14. I ran out of steam around mi 6 and four caught and passed me along w two late starters but my final time was way better than expected - 2:08, 8.48 mi. This is what goes on at the other end of the race, guys. I thought I was done w this sh#% but evidently not. I have GOT to lose weight!

Mary Kay

2013 Race PRs: FM - 6:30; 5k - 36:39; 10k - 1:24:06; HM -2:57:32

Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement - Matt Biondi

I am an extraordinary achievement - Me