50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts Week Ending 5/12/13 (Read 11 times)

NH Runner

Rich

Friday

5/10/2013

Well, my little 2 miler today seems kind'a silly, but I just ran to stay loose, so there... Approve

Chantilly, nice workout!

Ray & adkkev... awesome running...

NH Runner

Rich

Saturday

5/11/2013

Ran the 5K today in 25:30, eight seconds faster than 2 years ago...lol  3rd in my age group of 6 and 34th out of 194 overall.   I thought I might run a little faster, but the course isn't easy and the air was humid, so I'll take it.  Gimme 4 miles total...

Chantilly75

It's always something...

Congratulations NH Runner! It means more to be able to run faster than 2 yrs. ago, at our age, than if we were in our 30's.

9 miles running

4 miles walking.

ultrajogger n00b

Nice 5k Rich ...

No running for me this weekend ... Saturday was a SRD, Sunday's activities included a 3.5 mile walk on the nature trail with Mrs. Adkkev.

Art in AZ

Thought I better post to show I haven't been slacking off. Just busy.

Thursday - 3 miles

Friday - 4 miles

Saturday - 5 miles

today - 8 miles

Weather has been warming up all week. Morning temps today were upper 70s - lower 80s with a slight breeze. Warm but very dry out.

Rich - Good job on the 5K.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

2/10/2013 Year of the Dragon 5K 23:47

3/02/2013 Phoenix Half 1:50:23

3/10/2013 Mountain to Fountain 15K 1:16:59

04/20/2013 Too Hot to Trot 5K 23:58

NH Runner

Rich

Sunday

5/12/2013

7 miles on the railtrail today, legs felt nice and light for some reason, pace was low 9's.  Gives me 37 miles for the week.

Rich - Good job on the 5K!  3rd and improved time over last year!  That should be celebrated!

Chantilly - getting the mile in!  Still moving.

adkkev - Some days the only thing that keeps me going is knowing the next day is a day off!

Saturday 13.8 mile in 2:00:23.  Can you tell the temps were down?  2 of those downhill miles were sub 8.  It was tiring, but actually enjoyed it.  Didn't hurt that I knew Sunday was an off day (did a walking tour in SF for mother's day - wife's choice).

Ray