50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs & Workouts week ending 8/11/13 (Read 8 times)

adkkev

3.5 mile "recovery run" around the neighborhood this morning.  Another beautiful crisp sunny start to the day.

Art in AZ

5 miles this morning. Overcast and windy, not so humid.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

9 miles.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

5.3 miles ~43:30.

Ray

adkkev

4 miles this morning.  Another beautiful start to the day.

saratg

3 miles on the dreadmill & 4K on the erg.  T-storms threaten this afternoon's swim.

Art in AZ

Woke up to a light drizzle outside and slightly cooler because of it. Thought I would get in a quick 3 miles because of the light rain. Turned out it was hit and miss along the route so ended up doing 6 miles. Though the last couple of miles my lightweight tech shirt wasn't so lightweight after getting wet. Felt heavy and clung to me till I decided to take the shirt off the last half mile. Ahhh. That felt good.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

7 miles in rainy conditions.

Brooks Pure Flows are kinda slippery.

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

6 miles around town this morning before heading into work.  A little warmer than it's been the past several mornings.

NH Runner

Monday... 6 mile, easy mtn bike ride on the railtrail.

Tuesday... ran with the local running group today, there were 11 of us, including a 9 year old girl.   First 2 miles on the railtrail, then we hit the pavement.  At that point, one of the guys took his shoes off to run barefoot and I followed suit.  The run totaled 5.5 miles, so gimme another 3.5 miles of barefoot running.  That brings my barefoot total to 30, but the bottoms of my feet are still sore this morning.

Wednesday... don't know what happened this morning.   I started out with the idea of running 8 on the raitrail, but pulled up at 2.5 miles, turned around and walked home, my lower right leg had tightened up to the point where it was painful to run.   I dunno, but think it's got something to do with switching back and forth between running with and without shoes.   Now we'll see what tomorrow brings...

Art... my wife once told me if I ran ouside without a shirt she'd figure I was "trolling." Roll eyes

Art in AZ

14 mile bike ride this morning. Weather was a little cooler after the rain went through the area last night.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

rmcj001

5.25 miles Tuesday - 43:37.

4 miles Today 39:13 -  last mile was a little quicker.

Rich - Wife wouldn't think I was trolling w/o a shirt, just the opposite and it would have to be REALLY hot before I would subject the world to me w/o a shirt...Wink

Ray

adkkev

6+ this morning.  Getting a little more humid now.  Yuck.  Hopefully it won't get as bad as it was a few weeks ago.

Art in AZ

Quick 3 miles this morning.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

it would have to be REALLY hot before I would subject the world to me w/o a shirt...Wink

Don't know why guys won't go shirtless nowadays.  Used to be all guys went shirtless in the summer doing chores, exercising, even playing ball.  Age didn't matter, either... or maybe it was just the rural areas which did that?

15 miles on the track. (thunderstorms)

Sonata Arctica