50 and over 5k and beyond

Runs for the rest of September (Read 9 times)

rmcj001

Hey folks.  Been a little while.

adkkev - Gotta like the night runs.  Somehow I think you get to see a few more stars then around my neck of the woods.

Rich - Sounds like progress is being made.  Good to hear.

Chantilly - Any speed sounds good to me right now and I agree with Rich - you're faster then you think.

Art - At least you only have to compete with the grandkids, we don't have those yet, but the squirrels, raccoons, skunks, rats and birds take their toll.

Last run was last Friday.  Stepped down to the 5K and ran 23:15.  Was a bit disappointed in myself.  Bad news is that tendon is really sore now.  The KT tape helps and it is starting to feel better.  Just hope this one heals faster then the achilles did...

Ray

NH Runner

4 miles today on the railtrail.  I'm taking it easy and not pushing off with the foot that's connected to my sore achilles, but I'll take it, it's better than nothing.   Walked a 1/4 mile to warm up, then started intermitant walks and runs, walking less with each mile until finally running all of mile 4.

Ray... is there an activity you can do that doesn't aggravate that sore tendon?   Good luck getting past this injury, there's nothing more frustrating than waiting on a slow healing injury.

Art... do I see an opportunity to swap recipes here?   Any other cooks?

Chantilly75

Art in AZ  your garden sounds tasty

rmcj001  Sorry that your tendon is taking awhile to get better.

(I was just joking around. After all, I am older than Oprah Shocked ....and don't have a chef and personal trainer....Wink

NH Runner nice for you to get the 4 miles in.

6 miles on the track.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

Chantilly75

8 miles on the track. Boring, but easier on the feet.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Friday... a 1 mile walk with the stray dog we just picked up at the local shelter.  My wife's been after me to get a dog, calling every vet and shelter in the area for the last few weeks.   Now I have to convince her she's the one who should take the dog for a walk, it'd be a good weightloss program...Shocked  Women like it when husbands comment on their weight, right Chantilly...? lol  Followed that up with an 8 mile bike ride on the railtrail....

Saturday... 4 miles on the railtrail.   Wrapped my "testy" achilles in an ace bandage, walked the first 1/4 mile, walked / jogged the next 3/4 mile and ran the last 3 miles non-stop.   Splits were 13:14, 9:31, 9:23 and 9:13.   It's amazing how fast our body gives up fitness, my legs are sore from this short run.

Art in AZ

5 miles this morning in nice weather.

Ray - That 5K time doesn't sound bad. If you weren't happy, what time were you hoping for?

Rich - Slow and sure on the recover. You're right. It's interesting how our body adapts to changes to our routines. I had some recipes but they disappeared some time ago. Those I remember I can do pretty close from memory. But usually I just toss stuff together and see how it turns out. Most of my experiments have been good. But there have been a few ...

Chantilly - Preparing for another race soon?

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Art in AZ

12 miles this morning. Good weather.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ

Chantilly75

Art in AZ  that's a nice distance this morning.

I'm not training for anything right now, just maintaining.

Washed cars, then ran 8 miles then did yard work . Good fall weather.

Sonata Arctica

NH Runner

Sunday... 4 miles on the railtrail again, ran with the adopted stray dog today.   Pace was a little quick early on, the dog wanted to run faster than I did.   By the time we finished the 4 miles, she'd slowed to a comfortable pace for us both...lol  I took 30 second walk breaks every half mile and got a nice little workout.

It doesn't look like we're keeping the dog, she's a mix, but nothing more than a curly haired pitbull and way too strong for my wife to handle.  Nice dog, but bull headed and stubborn...

Nice run Art...

Art in AZ

Decided to ride the bike after yesterday's long run. Did 14 miles.

Art in AZ

Mesa, AZ