50 and over 5k and beyond

February runs & workouts (Read 19 times)

Crazy Diamond

Ray-You're coming back strong & fast - awesome!  The final 10k of the 6 race winter series is in March, relay w/ Dan, AZ and Mary Kay is the end of April and HM is the week after.  Depending on the weather, may add a budget friendly $20 HM in April, too.

AZ-Just hold on to each other right now.  After the dust settles, DH and FIL hopefully will see things clearly.

Chantilly-Soup and MTV - sounds like as good a cure as anything else.  Hope The Police, Talking Heads, & Peter Gabriel(few of my favs) help you to feel better soon! 

Fletch-Bet you were happy to have DW at the finish line.  DH doesn't run, but bikes along on weekends for my long runs.  It's nice to have someone to talk to and we always go for coffee/breakfast after.  You are running so strong, and all the best in building the miles working towards a 10k.  The winter series I run every year has lots of kids running in it.  Most run the 5k, but there is a 10 yo that often finishes in the top 25% in the 10k!

adkkev-As always, solid TM workouts for you.  Sorry to say, we are sending another arctic blast your way.

Dan-Hope you're feeling better.  Have you noticed an increase in patients this winter?

Wednesday ended up being a URD.  DS2's HS musical opens this weekend, and he's been in nightly rehearsals for weeks.  We needed a family dinner for a change.  He wanted breakfast for dinner, so we had cinnamon-pear buttermilk pancakes w/ real maple syrup, smoked bacon & fresh-squeezed oj. Good times!

Thursday, ran 6 miles at the indoor track w/ DS1.  Tried 3 miles at 5k pace.  Never sure if I'm holding pace, but try to maintain the effort.

Run strong friends!

Quo Vadis?

NH Runner

Friday, 2/28... Goodbye February!!    7 miles of classic skiing on the railtrail today and stayed upright the whole way! 

Nice runs everyone!   Chantilly... good luck with your cold!

rmcj001

Rich - you've got the XC skiing down!  Nice workout!

Chantilly - Hope the cold is better.  Not so sure about '80's music videos...something about the hair...

Dan - I know you must be tired of the bad weather by now, but you're keeping the training up in spite of it.  I envy you guys and the upcoming relay.  That'll be a good race report!

Debra - I thought my schedule was ambitious.  The schedule sounds good to me and the relay at the end of  April should be fun.  Training sounds like it is going well and we'll look forward to you next PR!

Az - The weather for the all of you sounds tough.  Must be tough for you all to hear that January was one of the warmest on record (average for whole earth).  Guess you'll need to come to CA more often.  Don't let the FIL situation get you down.  I'm sure a nice long run would help immensely.

Fletch - You're running really well.  Sounds like you have a good plan.  My first 12 months back at running included only about 3 months of actual running.  The smartest thing you can do is stay uninjured.  Keep up the good work.

adkkev - I know you can't wait to start running outside.  Soon (I hope).

Wed, 2/26, it was raining so I decided to go barefoot since I would be running with work people.  The creek trail is rougher then I realized and the rain brought down lots of debris.  3.4 miles in 35:23 and picked up a sliver in my big toe.  When I got home, pulled the sliver out and then ran 3.1 on TM in 25:23.  When I was done put some iodine on it to kill the germs.

Thu, 2/27, 7.1 in 59:22.  It was not raining, but it was humid.  Legs felt dead, but was able to do last 3.1 in 24:02.

Fri, 2/28, 10.1 in 1:24:?? - just checked my watch and it doesn't have it!  Wind and rain today, but managed to get the run in between big downpours.  Ran first 5 miles with rain jacket and was totally hot.  Since I could see no rain coming, took it off until started my cool down walk.  About 1/2 way back to the office it started to rain so I put the jacket on.  Nice to finally need something besides a shirt.  We really need the rain.  Just hope it keeps coming...

Ray

adkkev

Friday 2/28: 7 miles on the treadmill ... quarter mile cool down afterwards.  Felt much cooler in the Y last night ... maybe they turned the heat down a notch or two!!