50 and over 5k and beyond

November Runs & Workouts (Read 11 times)

NH Runner

Friday, 11/1

8 mile bike ride on the railtrail.  We had 40 mph wind gusts and temps in the 60's, so the trail worked great to get out of the wind...

My achilles is driving me nuts.   Never felt a thing during Thursday's run, but later in the day it had me limping.   This morning, it's pain free again.   I've never injured an achilles before and hope I never do again...Roll eyes

Chantilly... I've worn traditional running shoes indoors with the laces untied for support when I had Plantar Fasciitis.  Might be worth a try...

Chantilly75

NH Runner  that achilles seems like a lot of problem to get healed up.

7 miles on the track at just under a 10:00 minute per mile pace.

Beginners'  triathlete group was on the track.  They have their bikes on a stand, pedal for ? how long, then run around the track.  Then they  finish up with a bunch of stretches.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

Friday - 6.75 on the nature/rail trail.  65 degrees and mostly sunny but pretty windy.

Saturday - 3.5 around town in the dark ... still pretty comfortable running weather (i.e. still wearing shorts!)

Chantilly75

Work/rest day

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

Sunday - second coat of paint in the dining room, minwaxed the floor after that.  Busy day working around the house!!  And our son invited us over for dinner so we couldn't pass that up either!  Tempted to go out for a run but decided to just stay in & relax for the evening.  Big grin

NH Runner

Saturday, 11/2.... 4 mile Nordic walk on the railtrail, brisk pace, but no barn burner...15:08, 14:42, 14:36 and 14:41.

Sunday, 11/3.... 4 mile run on the railtrail.  Warmed on the treadmill for 10 minutes, then stretched before heading out.   Splits were 9:53, 9:33, 9:30 and 9:10.    Achilles complained as usual, but doesn't seem any worse for the wear.

Chantilly... I think trying to maintain fitness through this sore achilles is why it's taking so long to heal.   I should stop whining about it and just keep running, eh? lol

Also watched the NYC marathon on ESPN2 with over 48,000 runners.   The most to show up at a race I've run is a little over 2,000 and I thought that was a crowd! lol   What a race though, the best in the world show up to run it...

rmcj001

Rich - NYCM looks like a crowd.  Might try to do the Boulder Boulder next year, I hear that's close.  Did run B2B back in the 80's when they said the "pack" was 100K+.  Positive thought on the achilles.

adkkev - sounds like Sunday was productive.

Chantilly - hope the best on the foot.

Lotta walking.  Thursday, Friday.  Raced 5m Saturday, 37:26 good enough for 7th overall.  Taped problem leg and the double compression sleeve on it.  A little sore yesterday, but feeling reasonable today.

Ray

NH Runner

Monday, 11/4

8 mile mtn bike ride on the railtrail.   Overnight low was 22 degrees and temp when I rode was 40.   Brrrrr....., the pond at the start of today's ride was covered with a film of ice.

7th overall ain't too shabby Ray, congrats!   IF I can ever get it right and BQ, I'd love to run Boston, but that's the only major marathon I'd be interested in running.

NH Runner

adkkev

Tuesday evening: 7.55 miles in the dark around town.

NH Runner

11/4..... off

11/5.....  5 mile Nordic Walk, pace was low 14:00's

Chantilly75

NH Runner I told you she would beat me.  Black eye

But I don't lay around after, I go home and do laundry. Or work the rare12 hr. shift.  Big grin

adkkev do you have a headlamp or a flashlight for the night runs?

yesterday 2 miles, today a bunch of things got in the way, so no run.

Sonata Arctica

adkkev

adkkev do you have a headlamp or a flashlight for the night runs? 

Headlamp, blinking red light that I wear on my right arm, and a reflective Brooks running jacket (in winter).  And usually wrap a couple of reflective strips (they're velcro) around my lower calves.

Fortunately the streets around my house aren't very busy in the evening, and many of them have no traffic at all.  There are one or two streets that may get busier & I'll run on the sidewalks on those streets.  Depends upon what route I cook up in my head when I head out for a run.  Lots of loops, hills, etc.  I live on the top of a hill so every run ends with some sort of uphill climb ... nothing too dramatic but uphill nonetheless!

rmcj001

Rich - Staying active is important.  Keep it up.

Chantilly - It is good to be able to move the next day.  Of, course, that might mean we didn't push it hard enough on race day Smile

Adkkev - Wife runs with a light that attaches to belt.  Never felt comfortable running with a flashlight.   Like the blinking lights tho.

8 miles Monday in under 69 minutes.  5.1 today in just over 47 minutes.  Leg is holding up.  Looking at doing a 10K on Thanksgiving.

Ray

adkkev

6.5 slow miles this evening under party starry skies.  Relatively warm for November, high 40s!